Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Silverado Rear turn Indicator Failure

Old March 26th, 2017, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado Rear turn Indicator Failure

Whenever I put a turn signal on in my 2015 Silverado 1500 LT I will get a service notice on the DIC saying that there is a Left/Right rear turn indicator failure but whenever it says this I check the taillights and the indicators are working just fine. Any ideas on why it would tell me there is a failure when they are working just fine? I have aftermarket taillights but I don't see how that would affect the electronic signal from the actual lights.
Old March 26th, 2017, 1:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Are your aftermarket taillights LED's?
Old March 26th, 2017, 3:55 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah they are, didn't even consider that till you said it. Do you know of a work around to keep it from giving me that notification?
Old March 26th, 2017, 9:25 PM
CF Monarch

There are resistors made for LED lights. That probably will work because LED lights don't have the resistance of regular bulbs.
Old March 26th, 2017, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

I took the tail lights off and the resistors were already plugged up and I tried switching the wires they were connected to and still had the problem. They are Anzo USA tail lights and the only thing I can see that might be causing is the dealer placed the resistors on the actual tail lights instead of the body of the truck.
Old March 26th, 2017, 9:42 PM
CF Monarch

Did it start doing this right away after installation? Maybe the resistors are the wrong value for the truck. Do you have LED bulbs in the front also?
Old April 21st, 2020, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The same problem happened to me right after I replaced my battery. Lights are working but just blink faster when error appears after about three seconds.
The following users liked this post:
Susan Murphy (March 14th, 2021)
Old August 8th, 2020, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Zoltar The Decimator
The same problem happened to me right after I replaced my battery. Lights are working but just blink faster when error appears after about three seconds.

I just replaced my bad battery today, and it’s currently doing the same thing, did you find a fix ?
Old November 30th, 2020, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Courtney Veinotte
I just replaced my bad battery today, and it’s currently doing the same thing, did you find a fix ?
My battery ran dead last night, and I had to jump start it. My turn signals are doing the same thing, what did you find fixes it?
Old March 24th, 2024, 8:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Anthony Williams
My battery ran dead last night, and I had to jump start it. My turn signals are doing the same thing, what did you find fixes it?
I broke the tail light cover, replaced it with the same bulb (the bulb didn't break ) Now I'm getting error message saying: left turn indicator failure? But the lights, blinkers, etc...still work, blinker blinks fast though?
Any advice?

Search this Thread