Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2023 Silverado ZR2 TPMS issues! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2023, 11:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2023 Silverado ZR2 TPMS issues! HELP!

I Have a new 2023 Silverado ZR2 that I can't get passenger side tires to register with TPMS monitor. I have installed new 4 inch Zone Offroad lift Kit with Moto Metal 20" wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 35" x12.50" tires. Took it 2 Big O tires first and they couldn't get Passenger side too register. Then took it to a Chevy dealership that quickly tried to Ping the TPMS sensors on Passenger side with no luck. I purchased one of the cheap TPMS sensor on Amazon and can only get Driver side to ping. So earlier this week I took it to Plaza tire and had them install new sensors on Passenger side of truck and they still couldn't get Passenger side to ping. So today I had a Mobile tire changer come out today and replace those sensors again and set TPMS with his $1,800 TPMS computer and it would work with Driver side only!
Only other thing I have done to the truck is install Kicker amp and J&L audio Subwoofer under back seat but this was before the lift kit and factory tires and had No TPMS errors. I am at a complete loss as to what is going on here as I am not completely understanding how the TPMS system works. I am guessing that The TPMS Monitor just looks for a signal from the sensors and registers them when they send an "awake" signal? If that is the case I can't understand why just the Driver side will allowed to be pinged an awaken but not the Passenger side? Does anyone know where the TPMS antenna is located in my truck? Also Is it the Body control module that does the TPMS Monitor. Hoping to find a GM engineer in here that can get technical with me.
Thanks guys!

Old September 23rd, 2023, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

I'm pretty sure tpms is part of the RKE system.
Anyway, wouldn't this be a warranty issue for your dealer to figure out?
Old September 23rd, 2023, 12:36 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
I'm pretty sure tpms is part of the RKE system.
Anyway, wouldn't this be a warranty issue for your dealer to figure out?
Yes, But really don't want to be without my truck for a week and kind of worried about what the will say about 4" lift kit, tires, wheels and non factory TPMS sensors. Is RKE the Radio system?
Thanks
Old September 23rd, 2023, 2:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

RKE = Remote Keyless Entry

You should insist. The TPMS system shouldn't be affected by that stuff. At minimum they should diagnose it to make sure it works. Ask them try to pair factory sensors to it.
Old September 24th, 2023, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
RKE = Remote Keyless Entry

You should insist. The TPMS system shouldn't be affected by that stuff. At minimum they should diagnose it to make sure it works. Ask them try to pair factory sensors to it.

I agree, it appears it is either a software, firmware glitch or the RKE module as you mentioned before.

I finally received my Autel TS508WF TPMS programmer and 4 Autel MX sensors from Amazon. After cloning the new sensors to what was in the OBD2 TPMS of the truck they all work now. Apparently through software or module glitch it wouldn’t allow the passenger side tpms sensor id’s to be updated, so had to clone new sensors to old I.D.’s. So now I’m not sure if I should go on about my business or talk to my dealership about what happened. Surely I am not the only person this has happened too?
I appreciate your thoughts Joe.