Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

Auto Start/stop jerking issue

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2023, 7:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Start/stop jerking issue

Hi everyone, I own a 2021 1500 Silverado custom 4cyl turbo. I have been having issues when the auto stop function turns the car off at a light or when stopped, as soon as I lift my foot off the break the auto stop engages as it should but occasionally there is an issues and my truck jerks forward as if I was rear ended. It happens occasionally not every time. Sometimes it’s on a hill and sometimes it’s when I’m on flat ground as well. Once I turn the button off it doesn’t do it at all. I took it to the dealership but of course I couldn’t recreate the problem. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or is it just me. How hard it jerks forward has me concerned about engine issues in the future. Thank you!
Old July 17th, 2023, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same Issue

Originally Posted by Nermin1995
Hi everyone, I own a 2021 1500 Silverado custom 4cyl turbo. I have been having issues when the auto stop function turns the car off at a light or when stopped, as soon as I lift my foot off the break the auto stop engages as it should but occasionally there is an issues and my truck jerks forward as if I was rear ended. It happens occasionally not every time. Sometimes it’s on a hill and sometimes it’s when I’m on flat ground as well. Once I turn the button off it doesn’t do it at all. I took it to the dealership but of course I couldn’t recreate the problem. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or is it just me. How hard it jerks forward has me concerned about engine issues in the future. Thank you!
I am having the same issue with lurching after an auto restart. I took it to the dealer today and they found a transmission code on it. They are looking into the problem. I will let you know if they find the issue.
The following users liked this post:
Nermin1995 (December 3rd, 2023)
Old October 12th, 2023, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't experienced this in my 2020 Silverado, however I have experienced it in my 2020 Cadillac XT6. After a few trips to the dealer and our insistence that they make it behave like the loaner that they put me in they apparently called GM and decided to replace the Transmission Accumulator. This fixed the issue 100%.