Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

Help My Chevy Astro keeps stalling.. All suggestions welcome...Running out of Ideas

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2012, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello astroturf I just wanted to let you know that I think that we may have found the problem. One day I went out to move the van and I had no power again so when I lifted the hood I noticed that the Idle bearing was very loose.. so loose it was able to be removed by hand. Since replacing it with a new one ( knock on wood) we haven't had those issues any more.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Hello janetneu I have never encountered my van not wanting to start in the damp weather but I have experienced that with a Ford Ranger I had before and well the only suggestion that the dealer ship and many mechanics could offer was to keep the block heater plugged in as that was the only thing that would allow the vehicle to run properly. Do you have a block heater on your van janetneu ?? Maybe try that ?
Old October 8th, 2014, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default same thing on mine, but fixed

Most likely it's the mass air flow sensor. Engine doesn't know it's getting air and shuts the engine off. Try using MAF electrical cleaning spray on it and see if that fixes it or replace it. Its one of the easiest things to fix or replace on the van