Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Old September 19th, 2015, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Tahoe traction stabilitrak

How resoloved2012 Tahoe traction stabilitrak
Old October 14th, 2015, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Ok I'm New to postings. I have an reduce engine power and service stabiltrack and traction control wanings. I read a lot of post that indicated the crankshaft position sensor has gone out.. So I change it out drove about a mile. And the problem was back. And it won't start I turn the key and it tries to start then let go the key and its still trying to start then a griding sound emits and it stops??? Researching more I see it may be a throttle body Actuator?? Can anyone tell me where to start with this issue...?
Old October 14th, 2015, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I know how ya feel

Originally Posted by islandarmor
Hi all,
two weeks ago my avalanche 2007 z71 started showing these three warnings
engine power is reduced , service stabilitrak and service traction control
I took it to the dealer and he said the problem was " throttle body" p2145
so I changed it , after a week the problem came back
this time the dealer said the " throttle body" was not learned, so he made it learned or whatever
this week the same problem came again !
I want to mention that the engine turned off "de-energized" while I'm driving three times !
Any ideas ?
Please read my post I'll tell ya what to do
Old October 14th, 2015, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default read my post

Originally Posted by ViPirate
Had the same problem tonight with my 2010 Chev 2500hd driving back from a ski trip in a snow storm. Was in 4wd the whole time with a snow covered highway. Three times power dropped out and could not maintain highway speed. Rpm was indicating 2000 but speed dropped to 15 mph on highway. Had to turn truck off then on again to clear problem and get power back. This is obviously some kind of computer issue with the stabiltrack system where it gets confused operating for extended periods on slippery terrain.

This happened about a year ago in similar snowy conditions but the problem went away after the storm and hasnt bothered me since till now. I didnt take it in for service last time but think i will this time
Please stay away from dealership
Old October 14th, 2015, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default don't go that's not your problem

Originally Posted by Diggler1101
Got the call from the dealership. $703 dollars NOT covered by warranty. Wheel speed sensor and harness. I do not have the money to replace this and I am not going to get into an accident because of this. So irritated....
Don't go to dealer read my post
Old November 14th, 2015, 9:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same thing

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey Rockhill and houston127,

I'm sorry to hear about this concern with your vehicles. I understand that you both have been in contact with your dealerships. Please feel free to follow up with us. I would like to create a case based on your concerns and also reach out to the dealership on your behalf. Please send us a private message or an email to socialmedia@gm.com if any extra assistance is needed. Please include your VIN, current mileage, involved dealership, and full contact in the message. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have a 2015 traverse and it's happening to me now. It started yesterday on the freeway which I pulled over turned it off and drove some more with it on cause I had to get it to the dealership. Well my husband met me and he got it to turn off with the button. So I drove it home got around the corner of my house and it came on again so I parked it and called the dealership they want me to bring it in Tuesday. To remind you I haven't even had my car for a full month and this starts so they better fix it free or I'm calling someone about the lemon law. Both times I had kids in the car this ain't cool at all
Old November 14th, 2015, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default Mines a 2015 and having the same issue

Mine is a 2015 you would think Chevy wound fix this issue if everyone is having trouble. I have had my traverse for even a month and this Happend to me twice yesterday. Two time !!!! Th first I got it off by pushing the traction control button the sec time it stays on so what the heck

QUOTE=stemple79;293268]How do I private message customer care on here? We are having the exact same issue with our 2007 Avalanche. This is her only vehicle for work. The extended warranty just ran out last month! I need to find out about this special warranty for the throttle body if that's what it is.... Help![/QUOTE]
Old November 16th, 2015, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2015 Silverado Crew Cab bought it August 31st, hooked up to our travel trailer (less than 5000 lbs loaded) had the same thing happened running highway speed, service stabilitrak comes on loose all acceleration, so that time they worked on the transmission. That was early October. Last Friday hook up to travel trailer got 11 miles down interstate same thing happened again, this time limped back home using manual shift. Anyone heard of this happening when towing, cause our dealership is clueless.
Old November 25th, 2015, 2:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default I know how you feel

Originally Posted by brandy boo
mine is a 2015 you would think chevy wound fix this issue if everyone is having trouble. I have had my traverse for even a month and this happend to me twice yesterday. Two time !!!! Th first i got it off by pushing the traction control button the sec time it stays on so what the heck .hello brandy boo if you haven't already please don't take it to the dealership i believe chevy pulled some of my post off because i was warning people not to go to dealer.i'm not sure how much space i have here to text but feel free email me you may be able to detail me more of your problem. Reason i'm so hard on the dealership is because these are chevy products and they should stand behind them instead letting the staff rob ya. Well i'm sorry i didn't reply when ya posted but now i'll leave my email and i'll check it before i check here unless requested by someonesome troubles. The dealer is like back surgery once started never finish they will have you buying all kinds of parts and get down the road trouble again don't go to dealer just email me reddknight346@gmail.com

quote=stemple79;293268]how do i private message customer care on here? We are having the exact same issue with our 2007 avalanche. This is her only vehicle for work. The extended warranty just ran out last month! I need to find out about this special warranty for the throttle body if that's what it is.... Help!
[/quote]
Old December 2nd, 2015, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issues with my 07 Equinox. I will be driving on the interstate at 65 or 70 in traffic doing the same and then it throws the code engine power reduced check stability all system and the power drops the speed to 35 or 40 which is an extreme safety issue for me since the other traffic doesn't slow down. Why this occurs it also drains the fuel tank . If there are this many people having the same issue with different models of Chevy vehicles, it sounds as though there should be a safety recall to fix the issue!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control