Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

factory Remote start question

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2007, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory Remote start question

HI, I have a 2007 Avalanch and we tried to put a viper alarm in the car with factory engine start. The shop worked on the car for a wile and determined they couldn't get the pass key bypassed for some reason. We bought bypass module that is for the 07 Avalanche but the car still turns off after a few seconds. Is there a way to hook the aftermarket alarm to the factory engine start?

Thanks
Old April 25th, 2007, 1:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: factory Remote start question

Have you tried to call tech at Viper? They may be a good source for troubleshooting since I am sure you are not the first Ava owner to install a viper system. Good luck
Old April 26th, 2007, 12:03 PM
CF Beginner

The stereo shop called viper and they said it was impossible. They also called local shops and module makers, all gave the same answer. They also tried to install the standard viper remote start and couldn't get that to work. They finally gave up and did the rest of the install for free, Just no remote start. So i took one of my remotes and soldered some wires to it and a few relays. Then i connected that to 2 of the channels of the viper. That did the trick.So the factory remote is now in a box in the car and activated by the viper alarm.Sort of a back wards way to do it but it works.
Old April 26th, 2007, 2:34 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

should be interesting when something screws upand warranty comes into question
Old April 26th, 2007, 3:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: danfros

The stereo shop called viper and they said it was impossible. They also called local shops and module makers, all gave the same answer. They also tried to install the standard viper remote start and couldn't get that to work. They finally gave up and did the rest of the install for free, Just no remote start. So i took one of my remotes and soldered some wires to it and a few relays. Then i connected that to 2 of the channels of the viper. That did the trick.So the factory remote is now in a box in the car and activated by the viper alarm.Sort of a back wards way to do it but it works.
Thats what I call McGuyvering a solution. Very creative.
Old April 27th, 2007, 4:52 AM
CF Active Member

here is solution info.
this should help
It was done on 07 Tahoe, but avalanche would be the same as far as doing alarm

Old May 1st, 2007, 12:36 AM
CF Beginner

The problem wasn't finding all the wires they needed for the engine start, they found all of them. The problem was getting the car to run more then a few seconds at a time. They tried every combination of modules and wires that viper had as well as everything the module company had and all failed to get the truck to stay running. The remote bit works perfect and cost almost nothing and then there is no VATS bypass in the car. Only other crazy thing they ran into was the power window roll up. Turns out GM makes 3 cars that have this type of window setup. The new 07 Avalanche is one of them. The windows rest open intead of ground or power. It took them a wile to get that figured out but its working fine except for the express up. The back windows have express down and up and the front only has express down. Maybe i'll take it back and see if they can figure it out.lol
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:56 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: danfros

The problem was getting the car to run more then a few seconds at a time.
May be they did not connect alarm to the correct TACH wire, or did not programmed tach correctly.