Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Keyless entry issues on 2007 Avalanche

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2012 | 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Keyless entry issues on 2007 Avalanche

I just got my 07 Avy about a month ago. I called chevy about my cracked dash to see if they covered it and of course they don't. She did tell me about the interior door handle issue but of course that wasn't covered either due to my milage. So she went on to tell me about a keyless entry issue that was covered. Now I wasn't having an issue with my keyless entry until a few days ago.

When you turn it off the keyless entry works great, but when you leave it sit for a short time it stops working. I found TSB # 1906368 on another forum and called my chevy dealer to find out it's not covered (according to him). He told me he couldn't give me a cost of repair since apparently there are a number of possible causes.

Anyone have experience with this that can help?

Thanks
Old October 16th, 2012 | 2:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Sactodreamer, I'm so sorry to hear about your frustrations! If you do decide to involve the dealership, please let us know and we can follow up with your dealer on your behalf. We're reachable via direct message!

Best,

Katie (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service