Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

REALLY weird TPMS issue

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2022, 7:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALLY weird TPMS issue

Alright, I have a very odd TPMS issue that neither I, nor 2 shops can figure out. My front, driver's side TPMS sensor's battery died, which is no big deal. I got an aftermarket sensor as the AC Delco was on backorder. I programmed the sensor and drove to the tire shop. After 10 minutes of driving, the NEW sensor lost connection. I thought it was perhaps a sensor issue, so I bought another sensor, this time AC Delco. I did the same thing, programmed the sensor and drove to the tire shop, and at the same place as before, the sensor lost connection. Two dashes for the front left tire. I did a lot of research, and it seems that if its not in a tire and turning, it can't get out of "learn" mode. My mistake. So I bought a THIRD AC Delco TPMS sensor. This time I did not program it, and took it to a shop. They installed it, and programmed it with their scan tool. And guess what? After 10 minutes of driving, it lost connection.

I've done further testing: I cleared all of the tire info out of the computer by interrupting the learn cycle. I programmed the tires out of order (and the same tire always loses connection). I hooked up my scan tool, and I can see after the first drive cycle, (10 minutes of driving over 35mph) the pressure goes to max, and it is stuck in learn mode it NEVER goes to "drive" mode like the other 3 sensors do. I have really no idea where to turn next, other than take it to the dealership. 2 shops say they have never seen this before. If it was the module, wouldn't the remote keyless entry also stop working? Could it be the BCM? Any ideas?