Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Stabilitrak, Traction Control, Reduced Engine Power

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2018, 10:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak, Traction Control, Reduced Engine Power

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche started having issues 3 months ago. Initial issue- service engine charging system, rear door ajar, park assist. 1st trip to dealer diagnosed as defective battery, dealer replaced battery. Rear door ajar returns. 2nd trip to dealer replaced rear door sensor. Good for a month, then service Stabilitrak,Traction control, Reduced engine power, and park assist.back to the dealer, replaced pedal cable with throttle body sensor. Truck doesn't make it home and service warnings return. Back to the dealer same code, replace same part thinking possible defect in new part. Drives normal for 2 days same warnings return. Back to the dealer. Dealer has for 3 days. Finds wiring issue- with after market device causing body control module to lose power. Removes device. Truck doesn't make it home same warnings... Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control, Reduced Engine Power, Park Assist.... and here I am. Not a car person, just looking for advice.
Old November 4th, 2019, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rogerbrownhole
2007 chevrolet avalanche started having issues 3 months ago. Initial issue- service engine charging system, rear door ajar, park assist. 1st trip to dealer diagnosed as defective battery, dealer replaced battery. Rear door ajar returns. 2nd trip to dealer replaced rear door sensor. Good for a month, then service stabilitrak,traction control, reduced engine power, and park assist.back to the dealer, replaced pedal cable with throttle body sensor. Truck doesn't make it home and service warnings return. Back to the dealer same code, replace same part thinking possible defect in new part. Drives normal for 2 days same warnings return. Back to the dealer. Dealer has for 3 days. Finds wiring issue- with after market device causing body control module to lose power. Removes device. Truck doesn't make it home same warnings... Service stabilitrak, service traction control, reduced engine power, park assist.... And here i am. Not a car person, just looking for advice.
were having the same issue.
Old November 6th, 2019, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

I need all the help i can get. When our 2007 avalanche stabilitrak traction control came on we lost power and shifted rough in 2nd,3rd. And then we got home there was knocking and we turned it off.and when we went to start it again it wouldnt start. So we had somoen look at it and they were checking everything and when we turned the key on the fuel pump we couldnt here it come on and when he checked the little pigtail by the carburator and there was no gas there. Can anyone tell me if that would mean the fule pump needs to be changed or what. Where picking straws on this truck. please someone help me. Broke down in texas : I NEED SOMEONE FROM CHEVY TO LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO. I HAVE 75,000 MILES

Last edited by broke dwn; November 6th, 2019 at 2:17 PM.