Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

1999 Lumina Idling problems & Etc.

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2006, 3:40 PM
Mjd
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Lumina Idling problems & Etc.

Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I figured that this is the place where my questions may be answered. I have been having some minor, but annoying problems with my car for quite a while now. First, the car hesitates slightly, sometimes not so slightly, when accelerating from a stop. Also, the engine will sometimes bog down and almost die when coming to a stop. This happens primarily when driving in a city or town (stop & go). Also, it sometimes idles at a high rpm, high enough that the car can go about 25 mph without stepping on the gas. I suppose that this might bea bad sensor, such as a throttle position sensor, MAF or O2 sensor, but I figured that I would ask here and see if anyone else has had similar troubles.

Thanks!
Old March 9th, 2007, 1:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1999 Lumina Idling problems & Etc.

I have a 96 lumina and it starts hard sometimes chuges and once in a while it will die at a intersection I am going to take it to autozone and have the codes checked I would recomend you do the same other wise you will be replaceing sensors that are not bad and they are not cheap good luck