Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

Compression Problems

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2011, 9:36 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of car? What is engine size? If it is a 4 cylinder and compression # are correct it seems like timing chain jumped. It is almost the only way a engine could have low compression on every cylinder. If it still runs valves are probably not bent.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah its the 2.2l 4banger. Since my last post I suspected clogged intake so I ran some seafoam thru the intake. After that it would rev a good bit higher in neutral and park, but still cut out under certain ranges. Prime suspect, Bad TPS and MAP wires, or grounds. The car keeps throwing codes for tps and map, even after replacement.
I also ran seafoam in the crank case. Ran it a couple of miles and it stalled and then died. The car hasnt started since. Thought it might have slipped the belt. Took off the valve cover and tried to start. Valves were moving. Timing chain is working. I didnt have the right guages but I tried to see if the filter was plugged. Pulled the line to engine from filter. The end of the filter "drizzled" gas. I would expect to see a steady flow correct?
Im not sure whats wrong with this car but Im assuming my seafoam flush messed something up.