Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

2010 cai

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2010, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 cai

Anyone with the new Camaro installed an aftermarket CAI system? I am looking for one and wanted to see if anyone had been there/done that and wanted to share their thoughts.
Old September 7th, 2010, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Probably not the cheapest....

But GM performance parts has one.Not to mention other goodies.Performance mufflers,Short throw shifter [ by Hurst ] Even Engine beautification parts !!! They aint the cheapest, but you'll be sure they bolt on & won't void warranty. westmassk
Old September 14th, 2010, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks I'll check them out before I buy.
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:56 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone doing an intake, make sure you get a tune. The cars are not speed density tuned and will FOR SURE have really bad fuel trims if you don't get it tuned. (Because you will be changing the way the airflow hits the MAF). Anyone interested, we offer one of the only tunes shown to gain any power on the camaros- www.badnewsracing.net
Old October 2nd, 2010, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default To BNRacing,please tell me more.

Originally Posted by BNRacing
Anyone doing an intake, make sure you get a tune. The cars are not speed density tuned and will FOR SURE have really bad fuel trims if you don't get it tuned. (Because you will be changing the way the airflow hits the MAF). Anyone interested, we offer one of the only tunes shown to gain any power on the camaros- www.badnewsracing.net
Does this apply to even just putting on a new air filter & housing for the MAF sensor ? Thanks,westmassk
Old October 2nd, 2010, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default To simicar guy...

Originally Posted by simicarguy
Thanks I'll check them out before I buy.
While Gen 5 camaro racing has many good deals & great customer svc., stay away from their own C.A.I. It ends up being unsupported & just laying on the upper radiator hose.Kinda "cheez-whiz" IMO, westmassk
Old October 4th, 2010, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by westmassk
Does this apply to even just putting on a new air filter & housing for the MAF sensor ? Thanks,westmassk
Any time you change the velocity or direction of the airflow hitting the MAF sensor, you need to compensate for it. I'd bet you the price of the tune that your fuel trims are all over the place if you've changed to anything other than a new drop-in filter.
Old October 5th, 2010, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

As luck would have it,I'm picking up my Cam from my own higly capable shop today[ I had All fluids switcthed to Syntheitics ]When I get there,I'll run it by them.I appreciate the advice.Thanks,BNRacing. westmassk
Old October 12th, 2010, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Keep in mind that your CEL may not come on even if the trims are off. Unless they have a way to log the MAF, they won't be able to tell you if it's off or not. If you decide you want a tune, let me know, or check out my site- badnewsracing.net

I can mail you a cable and do tuning via email where you log the car using our software and just email me the log file. It's really easy and I've done several cars like this in the past. Feel free to call me also, 561-379-4947. I'll be on the dyno today-thursday tuning cars between 5pm and 8pm eastern, but I'll be free friday, or in the evenings this week.

The V6 Camaro's pick up around 20whp from our tune
Old October 13th, 2010, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

To BNRacing,I appreciate your offer & probably take you up on your offer to call, Friday.You mentioned that the cars aren't "speed density tuned" .Can You expound on that ? I.E. what is speed density ? As far fuel trims,can those be changed with one of the power programmers on the market ? I have some other ques.,but I'll ask them when I speak with you.Thanks very much for the insight. westmassk

Quick Reply: 2010 cai