Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

Tires Rubbing

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2012, 1:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires Rubbing

<hr style="color:#eeeeee; background-color:#eeeeee" size="1"> Does anyone hear some rubbing when making tight turns at slow speeds?

I park in a garage with epoxy floors and mostly notice when making the turn out sounds like tires are rubbing the inner well!

No noise when wheels are straight.
Old November 9th, 2012, 1:19 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lutherbeau
<hr style="color:#eeeeee; background-color:#eeeeee" size="1"> Does anyone hear some rubbing when making tight turns at slow speeds?

I park in a garage with epoxy floors and mostly notice when making the turn out sounds like tires are rubbing the inner well!

No noise when wheels are straight.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> lutherbeau,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue. I would be happy to check my resources for any known related issues. Please PM me your VIN so I may proceed.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 9th, 2012, 1:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

If the tire(s) are rubbing, inspect the inner wheel well for rub marks. If so, have you altered the front wheels?
Old November 23rd, 2012, 2:30 AM
CF Beginner

My rear tires rubs the body of my car. How can I raise it up to prevent the rubbing?
I bought a rim that is 3" bigger that the factory and now when I carry passengers or small load in the car, my tires rubs. Do I need lowering spring ( I do not want to lower the car for sure), coilover, or shock. Please tell me why you chose your choice. I do not want the factory parts but I don't mind if that is the only choice I have. I would appreciate it if you can help.
Old November 30th, 2012, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

It only happens in your garage though?
Old November 30th, 2012, 6:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year camaro?
What size tires?
What size wheels and offsets?

No way to answer with out knowing more info
Old February 2nd, 2014, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

The noise only occurs when your taking turns? It could be the CV joint.
Old March 4th, 2014, 11:57 PM
CF Beginner

Have you tried rolling the fenders? If you roll the lip of the fenders than that usually helps with rubbing.