Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

CAPRICE OWNERS HERE ?

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2005, 4:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAPRICE OWNERS HERE ?

I wanna know everithing about this car (the last ones ).</P>

1. I see it in Movies often as Taxi or Police -Car , but rare as "civil" Model . Is this the reallity or just in Movies ?</P>

2. Is it a reliable , or a lemon ?</P>

3. The 5.7l engine is not the only version or what ?</P>

</P>

Thanx !</P>
Old January 5th, 2006, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: CAPRICE OWNERS HERE ?

Hi, i have a 1992 caprice and it is built very strong mine has 176,500 miles on it and its still going strong. The motor i have is the 5.0L V8 wit 170hp and 255 torque not anything amazing but its got some power when you need it. A great car one of the most comfortable you will sit in. Let me know if i can help you out with anything else PEACE.
Old January 28th, 2006, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

i have a police package 96' only problem i had was with the freakin fuel sock. and im at 150,000 miles, and its pretty much solid, since my father had it since new i believe. its bad ***, and nothing says lets run like catless flowmaster exhaust on the highway. im not sure of the hp on my car, but i make that car more sideways then these imports. lol. freakin solid most of the time, oh yeh i had a problem with my starter solenoid. thats it. lol
Old May 27th, 2006, 2:18 AM
CF Beginner

I currently own a '92 caprice, ex-police car, with 180,000 miles on the original engine. The hp is a mystery. I had a '92 Cadillac with a big block 300cu in with 200hp and this caprice could blow the doors off it so i assume its in the 240hp range. i dont know what the cops do to there cars. All i have to do to that car is change the oil, plugs, and wires once in a while, thats it. runs strong and hard. that little 5.0L is a strong long lasting engine. Shift kit in the tranny helps too.
Old June 16th, 2006, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Go to either Impala SS Forum orNAISSO. Both of those forums are not just relavant to Impalas, but to all B- and D-body GM's (ie: Caprice, Roadmaster etc). You find more info there about your Caprice than you will ever need.
Old October 18th, 2006, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

White 4-door 1984 Caprice classic with 237,000 original miles. Originally had a 305, now has a 350 with all emmissions still on it. that means I get about 20 more HP and BIG FAT torque, but it still passes emmissions. I basically replaced the 305 long block with a 350 long block.

Stuff I did:

350 SBC truck engine, with all sensors, valves replaced (summer 2003, at 232,000 miles)
Edelbrock performer intake (2003)
Rebuilt Rochester quadrajet (2003)
New AC, upgrade to 134A (2004)
all peripheral stuff replaced, like the water pump, smog pump, alternator, AC pump and dryer, steering pump, fan clutch, etc. (2002-2004)
rebuilt th700R-4 (2005)
all front suspention control bushings replaced, ball joints, all new springs, steering coupling rebuilt, etc. (2003)
brakes REBUILT, front and back (2004)
Pontiac 8 3/4" rear end (non-posi). The other one broke because of the 350 [8D]
new stock muffler and catalytic converter (2003)
new headliner, new windshield, new cadillac visors with the lighted mirrors (2005)
rebuilt all the doors (cleaned/fixed the window mechinisms, replaced bad switches) (2004)
New aluminum radiator (2006)
Baby moon 15X8 wheels

She is ugly, but still has the great ride, and now with the 350, it has cojones too. some other parts I replaced with junkers that were in much better condition (i.e.: exhaust manifolds, AC brackets, etc.) A very cheap and mild project, but it's been fun and a good learning experience. I am trying to save money to get the body fixed up and painted. It has nothing major, just the usual rust spots (nothing too bad though) and faded paint of a 22 year old car. I already have stashed away a whole bunch of ebay steals, like a a new grille, hood ornament, all the badges, ad I still have all the trim and it's in good shape. What I really like about it is that all the parts are so CHEAP.
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:43 PM
CF Active Member

go to wikipedia.com and type caprice on the search bar. trust me all the info you need is there.
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 1983 caprice. I've had it's been in my family since the begining. Never had any major repairs done, then again it was always taken cared of. I would recomned this car it's reliable and sensible.
Old April 18th, 2008, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

hey, i own a 1986 caprice, i drove it as a stock car, and i fell in love, so that year i took it off the road for 3 years and did a full resto on it, and i bagged it and painted it and replaced everything and put a 350 in it with approx 450 hp around, put 22's on it, sits on the frame , and i never have any problems with it, i would request one to anyone
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

i have caprice 92 brogham edition. how can i get user and service manuals

Quick Reply: CAPRICE OWNERS HERE ?