Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Cop Car Tranny

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2011, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cop Car Tranny

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I have a 1994 cop car with the LT-1. In a slight pull the converter, (at least I think it's the converter) "hunts". By that I mean it locks up, then out, then up, then out, etc. It may possibly be going into & out of O/D. Any tips? - Thanks – Rick
Old August 25th, 2011, 10:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

try it in 3rd, OD Lockout.

most likely wack torque converter lock up solenoid. 4L60E. Its in the case accessible by the front of the oil pan. The new part requires you to splice the new one onto the old harness. Or you can go without it. You will have OD, fuel efficiency, but not maximal coupling of the converter.
Old August 26th, 2011, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx Racer. That makes sense. I have solder shrink & 50 yrs. Of electrical experience, so cutting in the new one should be no problem. - Rick