Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

03 cranks but wont start no spark

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2012, 6:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 cranks but wont start no spark

my girl has a 03 2.2l ecotec. and sorry to say she is like most women cant tell you what its doing or the sounds it makes all she does is get in and drive. well when i started looking at the moter it had a speradic idle and check engine would come on and off and had a misfire code come to find out the was oil in the intake so i cleaned it up and changed the spark plugs and the engine light stayed off for a few days and the service light would come on and off and she said it would make like a knocking sound when that light came on well she drove it home one day said it made a wierd noise and when she got home she turned the car off and the strated it back up and the next day she said it wouldnt start at all. it isnt getting any spark now i can hear the fuel pump and hear the motor turning but it wont fire up i have changed the crank sensor and no luck and before i change the module i want to make sure its not something else i have been reading other post and some kinda fit my promblem and some dont has any one figured this promblem out

ok so my girl said the cat was changed last year and today hooked my pc to the car and got a trouble code P0300 misfiring but still wont start and the security system is not the promblem when key is in on position the light doesnt flash and i have changed the crank sensor already also tried a new modular and still wont fire up

could it be the modular or the coil pack i dont really have the money to spend on both with a babe on the way and she really needs the car any help please
thanks for ur help

Last edited by evilone; June 6th, 2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: found out more info