Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS ABS Light

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2021, 2:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS ABS Light

My ABS light was on a couple times when I drove the car. However, when I turn off the car and turn it back on the light isn't there. I haven't had it for a few days but the two times it came one caught my attention.

I went to Autozone in my area to have it checked and the cashier/serviceman plugged in his device and we went back inside. He printed off a sheet of paper for me and told me to Google my problem and get on one of the forums I found. He said I would figure out my problem there.

The DIAGNOSITC TROUBLE CODES I received was the Anti-Lock Brake System with the code of C1214.

I am unsure of what I should do about this. I've been driving the car okay without the light coming on - I'm just nervous about it coming back on. Is it appropriate to take the car in now, even without the light - or should I wait until it comes back onto take it to a mechanic? The warranty is already expired with the dealership so a mechanic is my only choice.
---------------------------------
professionalsuethor
Old December 21st, 2021, 7:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the fault will not effect the base brakes only the antilock portion. this fault is usually a EBCM (electronic brake control module) or EBCM/BPMV (brake pressure modulator valve).

Old December 23rd, 2021, 1:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't worry about it, people have been driving without ABS for many years.
Old December 27th, 2021, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My ABS light stays on almost all the time. Mechanic told me that it would just be that the ABS wouldn’t engage so to make sure I started breaking earlier than usual that it wouldn’t really affect my braking. It does drive me nuts that it remains on as well.