Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

92 Corsica 200K Trans Leak - well...SHOWER

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2010, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Corsica 200K Trans Leak - well...SHOWER

My daughter's 92 Chevy Corsica (200K miles) transmission shot fluid all over the engine compartment last night. Her husband was able to shift gears and limp it home, had to re-start several times going up hill. Coasted downhill, did ok on flat road. Now, it stalls when you try to start it and there is trans fluid all over the engine compartment. She is out of state so I cannot look at it. I know it is a 4 cyl, FWD, probably has a small gearbox under the hood right? Where is a good place to start. I am wondering if all that fluid under the hood got something wet. And did the gearbox seal go bad or what. No sign of a leak prior to this, this was all of the sudden-like. I am just trying to get some info to forward to her and her husband since I am 700 miles away. Thanks for any help and I will try to work with them from here. Any known incidents of something like this? Wasn't sure where to put this since there is no category for Corsica.

Last edited by CKFords; June 6th, 2010 at 6:49 PM.