Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Help My 1994 Cavalier Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help My 1994 Cavalier Won't Start

I have a 1994 white Cavalier Convertible with white leather seats, and the car won't start right now. Any ideas as to why? oh it's got 127k miles on it if that helps any.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

spark plug fouled or coil pack bad
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Sounds like a bad key
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

i only have one key, how to i get another one? how can i test it to know if it's bad. and to rock i don't know what that is. i got some mexican looking at it right now, but he doesn't speak much english and i'm scared.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Mine was doing the same thing, then yesterday the fuel pump gave out on me. Just got done putting the new fuel pump in actually. PM me if you need any help/tips on how to put the new one in.

I did the filter first before I realized when you turn your key to the aux point, you normally hear the hummm sound from the pump. Mine wasn't making that sound after it died on me. I can get some pics (won't help too much but it's something).....

Good luck

I have a 97 2.2 5spd by the way....
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

no offense but that car is probably junk.
CF Beginner

This is new member section? Dear freinds:

Greetings from sunny Curacao!

On my island much admired are the Chevy Z24, Z26, Z28 and Z34. Long years I have dreamed of purchase such a beautiful, and powerful machine. Importing cars here takes much work and often an inspection, car has to be immaculately driven and I will settle for no less! Have 4500 USD for my dream, cannot spend so much to travel into USA to choose car, so am seeking your advice.

Firstly, car must be in top condition outside and in, with Z26 badges in presence and automatric ratios.

Secondly, car must have V6 engine and dual exhuasts.

Thirdly, car must be seafoam green, rare color of course adds to the pleasure of ownership and driveing.

Also sale must be complete and saler must agree to commence shipment to sunny Curacao!

Please meet you, call Robi +011-7645-9837-872390 extention B.
CF Beginner

i've gone through 4 starters in my beretta.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

are you sure he's mexican? if he's costa rican my translation on what to ask him will differ pretty greatly. keeyo is considered a great insult to costa ricans and I dont want him to mess with some wires as a retaliation.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Robi
This is new member section? Dear freinds:

Greetings from sunny Curacao!

On my island much admired are the Chevy Z24, Z26, Z28 and Z34. Long years I have dreamed of purchase such a beautiful, and powerful machine. Importing cars here takes much work and often an inspection, car has to be immaculately driven and I will settle for no less! Have 4500 USD for my dream, cannot spend so much to travel into USA to choose car, so am seeking your advice.

Firstly, car must be in top condition outside and in, with Z26 badges in presence and automatric ratios.

Secondly, car must have V6 engine and dual exhuasts.

Thirdly, car must be seafoam green, rare color of course adds to the pleasure of ownership and driveing.

Also sale must be complete and saler must agree to commence shipment to sunny Curacao!

Please meet you, call Robi +011-7645-9837-872390 extention B.
wrong section noob. I love your blue drink though

Quick Reply: Help My 1994 Cavalier Won't Start