Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

ignition cylinder

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2006, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition cylinder

My 2002 Chevy Cavailier has decided to start giving me problems. (only have had the car for almost 6 months).... Car would not crank over, but after a few attempts it engaged. Thought it may be the battery...check the levels and the battery was low...added water, car started right up for the next few days, until yesterday. Would not crank over...thinking that since the battery levels were low, I needed a new battery. Got one installed, it cranked over, then would not start. Took it to PepBoys, had the diagnostics ran since then I thought it was the alternator (why wouldn't I?)...they couldn't get it to crank over....they ran a cold diagnostic and came up the cyclinder is damaged and would need to be replaced and recoded by the dealer. Here's my question....any idea of the cost involved in this???? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old September 5th, 2006, 1:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ignition cylinder

well it should be coverd under your warnitee and you should have to pay a thing.... its been only 6 months since you had the car