Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Radio installation

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2011, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio installation

I know they're alot of radio posts, espically for cavalier's, i would just like to make sure i have everything i need before i start. ive done a few radio installs, but none with the data bus system, so i do understand i need a special harness to keep door chimes etc. Secondly, as embarassing as this sounds im not sure if i have a bose amplifier or not, i own a 05 cavalier base model, 2.2l with the base cd deck. i think it doesnt have the amplifier, i could be wrong, just want a solid ansewer. Thx!

this is the harness i am looking at: http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_2...Interface.html GMRC-01 by metra, is this compatable?

also, i do know i need the dash install kit, and the antenna adapter, any recomendations would be highly appriciated! is there anything else i will need?
Old August 25th, 2011, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need a kit Metra (AT-555GM), go to Metra webb site and it will show you all the parts available for the installation and your car does not have bose in it.