Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

slave cylinder replacement... help

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2008, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave cylinder replacement... help

Hey guys. First time on this forum. Hello to all. I just picked up a 98 cavalier about 2 months ago for the excellent gas mileage. got a great deal on it.
Just within the last week, the clutch pedal is staying on the floor. No pressure, unless I pumpit and then it takes a while. Not fun when a huge truck is directly behind you in traffic. Well, Im assuming that I have a leak somewhere in the system, probly at the slave. Does that sound about right to you guys?
I dont know much about these cars yet, seeing as this is my first problem with it. But I can see that it is an internal slave. Does anyone have any advice for me or the step by step in the manual that they could post. I figure that Ill just change the clutch while Im in there also.
If you have done the job, how long did it take?
I have another car, but I drive132 miles round trip to work everyday and I am addicted to the MPG that im getting in the cavalier, so id like to get it done relativley fast.
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted ( I didnt bother searching )
Thanks for any help. It is greatly appreciated