Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

06 Cobalt Oil pressure Light staays on

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2022, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Cobalt Oil pressure Light staays on

My 06 Chevy Recently had an Oil Change and shows NO sign of Leak, But today the Oil Light came on while driving on Highway (I checked oil and it was low, so I added 2 quarts), I tried driving home, but the light stayed on and engine started to make noise I could tell there was a definite issue,,,I had car towed home and it does start. My mechanic will look at ot later this week,,,I was wondering what the possibilities are for this problem...thanks
Old June 28th, 2022, 2:58 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by daman77
My 06 Chevy Recently had an Oil Change and shows NO sign of Leak, But today the Oil Light came on while driving on Highway (I checked oil and it was low, so I added 2 quarts), I tried driving home, but the light stayed on and engine started to make noise I could tell there was a definite issue,,,I had car towed home and it does start. My mechanic will look at ot later this week,,,I was wondering what the possibilities are for this problem...thanks
She's burning oil which will destroy your catalytic converter. Your motor only holds 4 quarts, and that is contributing to your issue. Never allow a motor below the low line. Carry some in your trunk. I have a bad feeling about this, as you may have major engine damage.