Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2005 colbalt theft system disable?

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2018, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locate fuse for anti-theft system 2006 Cobalt

My anti-theft system arms itself so the alarm goes off every time I open a door. The FOB doesn't disarm it and neither does using the key to unlock the door. I understand pulling the fuse will disable the alarm completely. I am willing to do that until I have the funds to have it serviced properly. Can you tell me where I can locate the fuse for the alarm. When I look, the only fuse I see associated with it is the Ignition Switch, PASS-Key. As you probably can tell, I don't know much about cars, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old August 12th, 2018, 12:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> skaterdad,

I'm sorry to hear of this issue with your Cobalt vehicle. Is the vehicle still starting? If the engine is running and the security light comes on, you will be able to restart the engine if you turn the engine off. However, your Passlock system is not working properly and must be serviced by your dealer.

You may also want to check the fuses.

In order to relearn the system:

- Turn the key to start.
- Let the key spring back to the ON position.
- Leave it on for 12 minutes or until the Passlock light goes off.
- Turn the key off, and then wait 5 seconds.
- Repeat 3 - 5 times.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
hello Louis
I have a 06 Chevy cobalt is base model my anti theft came on and I can't start my car I have tried the 10 min on 5 sec off procedure many times I have checked the fuses my anti theft still won't come off I need help to either by pass the system or something else I could try to fix this issue I'm a single mother and my vechile is our only means of transportation
Old March 28th, 2020, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> skaterdad,

I'm sorry to hear of this issue with your Cobalt vehicle. Is the vehicle still starting? If the engine is running and the security light comes on, you will be able to restart the engine if you turn the engine off. However, your Passlock system is not working properly and must be serviced by your dealer.

You may also want to check the fuses.

In order to relearn the system:

- Turn the key to start.
- Let the key spring back to the ON position.
- Leave it on for 12 minutes or until the Passlock light goes off.
- Turn the key off, and then wait 5 seconds.
- Repeat 3 - 5 times.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
cobalt security just want to let you know all these cars are garbage and I'll never own another Chevy because of this piece of s*** Cobalt
Old January 19th, 2021, 5:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default Please Help

I just bought an used 06 cobalt lt coupe and for the life of me I cannot get the alarm to shut off when I open the door I do not gave a key fob yet. When I got the car it was not doing this now every time I lock the door and come back to open it the alarm goes off. I don't know if its the theft deterrent system that's activated? How can I deactivated it. This is beyond frustrating please help thank you