Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

driver side mirror

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2008, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side mirror

I am 6' 4" tall, and I am unable to adjust the exterior mirror on the driver's side so that I can see cars down the road behind me. It is okay if I scoot down in the seat a couple of inches.

I have seen strap-on mirrors for those folks towing a wide trailer. But is there a clip-on mirror to clip atop the existing mirror that can be adjusted to permit me to see the vehicles following me?

Ron
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Former Moderator
Honorably Retired Member of Staff

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: driver side mirror

They make different styles of convex mirrors to help you see your blind spots. They give you a better field of vision. They might help you out a little bit.

Or you could see if you can find a pair of aftermarket mirrors that might better suit your needs.
Old May 21st, 2008, 8:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: driver side mirror

"They make different styles of convex mirrors to help you see your blind spots. They give you a better field of vision."

"They" does not mean GM nor Chevrolet; at least the persons I have talked to have not offered any such solution.

I havenot given up on a "clip-on" mirror, but that sees non-existant. There are strap on for those towing a wide trailer, but the extra width is not what I had in mind.

Looking at the web, I am not certain what the individual mirror does.

Convex mirrors do have the "the object may be closer than it appears" warning to be concerned with unless a normal mirror is included.

Ron