Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Headlight condensation

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2011, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight condensation

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I have excessive moisture in my passenger side headlight. This has been a persistent problem with my 2008 Colorado. It started with less than 8000 miles on it and Chevy has replaced the light 2 times already. Now I have about 21000 miles on the truck and it has started again. I'll take it to the dealership and they will replace it, but my warranty will expire in a few months and I guess that will be that. I'll have to pay for it the next time, which seems stupid since obviously it is a Chevy defect in this truck. I bought the truck used from a dealership and the first owner says that it never had any damage. They traded it because on the gas mileage. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a permanent fix to it.
Old January 7th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What it sounds like to me is that the lens isnt completely sealed or there is a small crack/opening, etc that moisture can get in... check the light over really well and make sure the bulb is sealed completely as well... This happens all the time with aftermarket headlights, not saying GM is putting in aftermarket, im just saying.... We have ordered 6 headlights once cause 5 of them leaked until we finally got one that didnt.. Good Luck