Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

'14 Cruze LT - Bluetooth Disppears

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2014, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question '14 Cruze LT - Bluetooth Disppears

Good evening!

I purchased a brand new 2014 Chevy Cruze LT with the technology (e.g., MyLink) package in July. For the most part, I love this car.

I have one issue with the Cruze. Randomly, the Bluetooth refuses to work. Now, when I mean refuses to work, it forgets my phone (the Bluetooth pairing list is blank) and if I try to pair the phone the phone never sees the car. I've tried several Bluetooth capable devices (iPod Touch, Nexus 4, old flip phone) and none of them will find the car when this issue occurs.

If I leave the car sit 15-30 minutes, the Bluetooth will come back. If I leave the car sit for 5 minutes and then restart it, the Bluetooth won't work.

I took the Cruze to my dealership to have them diagnose the issue, but the Bluetooth worked just fine that day. I wasted two hours of time and got a massive uninformed run around. In the end, the dealership told me there was nothing they could do since the MyLink program was up to date and the Bluetooth was working.

I just had the Bluetooth cut out again this morning.

Is anyone else having issues with the Bluetooth? Any suggestions?
Old September 26th, 2014, 8:28 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats on your new Cruze, Seishi! We're sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with your Bluetooth and that your dealership was unable to duplicate this issue. If you'd like to provide us with your VIN, full contact information and dealership name we can try to assist towards a resolution. We hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 9th, 2014, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

As an update...

I have filed a complaint with the BBB as my problems still persist and neither my dealership or Amber will give me a satisfactory answer. In fact, past the initial call? My dealership hasn't contacted me in two months.
Old March 6th, 2015, 12:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default I am having the same exact problem!

I leased a new 2014 Cruze LT in October and have had an issue with my bluetooth for months! Sometimes it won't pair up for a few days, but then pair up on its own. Other times, it won't pair up for a week so I have to forget the device on my iPhone 5 and re-pair the two together because the car has forgotten my phone. It happens pretty much every week. I have taken it in MULTIPLE times to the dealership to have it looked at and they do absolutely NOTHING! It is so frustrating! All they tell me is that it is probably my phone, even though I had a 2012 Cruze prior to this car and NEVER had a problem with bluetooth and I'm using the same exact phone. They also told me to update my phone, so I updated my phone and I couldn't get the two to pair up for about a week. Every time I took it in, of course it was working properly, so I'm pretty sure they think I'm crazy. I use the OnStar app on my phone every night when leaving work to start my car, and it seems that whenever I use that app, my car won't pair up with my phone either. I am paying quite a bit of money for this car and to not have the one function I use the most not work properly is very, very annoying. I'm sorry I don't know how to fix it, but at least I know there is someone else out there that is having the same exact problem as me.
The following users liked this post:
MDomoslai (March 25th, 2022)
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No issues with Android 4.3 and my Impala.

Iphone5 is a POS with bluetooth. Go complain to apple.

GM Working On Software Update To Improve iPhone 5 Bluetooth Connectivity | GM Authority
Old March 7th, 2015, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Cool

fwiw - after I filed the BBB complaint, some immensely help folks in the GM complaint department reached out to me within 24 hours. They took me seriously and were awesome about keeping in touch. GM was easier to deal with than my dealership.

GM authorized the replacement of my radio unit and the dealership still gave me grief! I had to argue with the dealership for over 20 minutes to get them to actually replace the unit.

Eventually, the dealership replaced the radio and I have been virtually issue free since Christmas. The phone connects everytime and I can make calls.

But... Of course it was my phone!
The following users liked this post:
RHK (January 25th, 2020)
Old August 29th, 2015, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy MyLink Bluetooth Option Disappears Completely

When I fired up my car today there was no Bluetooth icon our option in settings. Because it m this problem has nothing do with my phone, I don't know what to do. I've already restarted my car many times, opening the driver door between each restart. I have not previously had this problem.

In the photos, notice that the Bluetooth icon isn't there, and that the phone settings option disappeared too.

Last edited by clintiv; August 29th, 2015 at 1:40 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old August 30th, 2015, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

I had to threaten to file a complaint with BBB before Chevy took me seriously. I told them I found someone online who had had the same issue and was resolved with a new radio. They told me that a new update had JUST been released (what a coincidence) that was supposed to fix all bluetooth issues. So they updated my system and luckily it hasn't been forgetting my phone, but it still doesn't work properly when I call a landline. With the landline, I have to answer through my phone, then it'll bounce to the car. I'm done complaining about it with them though, I'm just going to finish out my lease then head over to a different company.

I will say I have never had my bluetooth option completely disappear. My car would just forget my phone, so I'd have to sync it back up practically every week. I hope that they can get the issue fixed for you, try taking it in and see if there are any new updates for the system. Good luck!
Old October 30th, 2015, 6:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default My chevy cruze lt 1.4 turbo bluetooth device list disapears

I have the same problem since June 2014. Since I do software development for the last 30 years, my dealer replaced the radio once, but the same issues exists. Gm contacted me this week (Harry) and actually told me yesterday no one else has this problem. -lol. I keep telling them its a software problem. Get me the software source and I will fix it. Went to the dealer again yesterday in Aurora, talked to Jeff (awesome service rep), but even though he believes me, he would not do anything or even look at the issue that I could demonstate. Anyhow here is the symptoms GM, at least once every two weeks, or as frequent as a few times per week, the device list on the gm radio disappears when starting the car, turning off the car and restarting it does not fix the proplem, however leaving the car turned off from 15 min to 2 days will usually be enough for the device list to come back on its own. During the "hang" period, as i demonstarted to our sales rep Margret yeterday with her phone, Its not a phone issue, and no devices can be added even though a pairing code is displayed, no bluetooth pairing is possible. Factory reset on the radio, does nothing to fix the issue, but a radio reset on the gm radio, is a (slow and painful) work around. Once the gm radio is reset you can pair devices again. Message to the software developer, this is likely a hardware initialization issue on power up since it happens when starting the car only. Bluetooth does not stop working while in use. GM what is your plan for fixing, compensation, or a safety recall? Please tell Harry I am not the only one with the issue.

Update: 2015-11-20 Bluetooth has been working for 1 week since GM got dealer to update the firmware. Keeping fingers crossed. Bought a new 2015 Terrain yesterday, so sad, neither the Bluetooth or OnStar work. Its going back to the dealer today.

Last edited by LarryOfAurora; November 20th, 2015 at 5:16 AM. Reason: firmware updated on radio.
Old November 19th, 2015, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bluetooth not working

My Bluetooth wasn't working. Called Speedway Chevrolet. They had it up and running in seconds. Apparently sometimes when your phone has a system update you have to delete your phone off the car and your car off your phone and then repair your phone and car. Works perfect now. Thanks Speedway Chevrolet.

Quick Reply: '14 Cruze LT - Bluetooth Disppears