Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2017 LT Hatchback need help

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2023, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2017 LT Hatchback need help

So in the summer (August) the car threw a couple codes for a Knock sensor and MAF sensor P0325 and P1101. Reading the forums I took it as a faulty sensor. I replaced the air filter with a FRAM filter, cleaned out the airbox and used contact cleaner on the MAF sensor.
local shop deleted those codes and every thing has been running fine until this morning (Jan 3rd).

Cold weather last few days topped off with frost this morning (very wet mild cold), half way to work my engine light came on and gave me a P2227 Baro sensor error.

I have 58,000 KM on it.

It has been shifting weird lately, most of the time it's normal shifting patterns, but then randomly it doesn't shift down when decelerating or the rpm's go rather high when accelerating like 4k rpm.

Shop cleared the codes last week, i'm finding it's randomly sluggish for accelerating, and on my way home from work this afternoon (Jan 5), it threw another code at me.
P0299 underboost in turbo.

Are all these codes related? Anyone know what I'd be looking at for repairs?

I'm actually worried, because it's my daily driver. No vehicle no work, no work no rent, i become homeless.
Videos online suggest it's probably the turbo that's shot, but then again with everything else that has happened it could be faulty sensors cascading.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thx
Old January 17th, 2023, 5:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup and chose to get the issue resolved at a private garage because the dealership wanted to damn much!
For future reference, it was a blown turbocharger. It will be the last Chevy I ever buy. There's no way a turbocharger should die in a 5 year old car with less than 60,000 KM on it!!! Chevrolet has become a garbage brand!