Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Fan running and engine light on

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2014, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan running and engine light on

My Chevy cruze engine light came on and the fan started running constantly and loudly. It seems this is a common problem from everything I've read on the Internet. It goes into the dealer tomorrow ( not the one we bought from, will never go back there) and would like to know what to expect. I am over in miles for warranty.
Old July 15th, 2014, 9:32 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mblooney
My Chevy cruze engine light came on and the fan started running constantly and loudly. It seems this is a common problem from everything I've read on the Internet. It goes into the dealer tomorrow ( not the one we bought from, will never go back there) and would like to know what to expect. I am over in miles for warranty.
Hey there,

I apologize for these concerns you are experiencing with your Cruze. Please feel free to let us know what the outcome was with your dealership, and if a solution was found. We would be happy to document your feedback!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 15th, 2014, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light Fan Running Fast

I just took my Cruze in yesterday to my dealership for the same problem. This will be the third repair i will have had on the car! My transmission had to be replaced when it was barely 2 years old then after that less than a few months later the drive shaft broke in half and that had to be replaced! Thankfully everything has been under warranty but i am seriously tired of these issues.... my husband and i have never had this many problems with a new car! It only has 43000 mi on it... i don't know how much longer we are going to keep the cruze with all these issues...
Old July 15th, 2014, 3:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LuluCruze
I just took my Cruze in yesterday to my dealership for the same problem. This will be the third repair i will have had on the car! My transmission had to be replaced when it was barely 2 years old then after that less than a few months later the drive shaft broke in half and that had to be replaced! Thankfully everything has been under warranty but i am seriously tired of these issues.... my husband and i have never had this many problems with a new car! It only has 43000 mi on it... i don't know how much longer we are going to keep the cruze with all these issues...
What model year?
Old July 15th, 2014, 3:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mblooney
If you scanned the code and posted the code we could possibly tell you.