Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2011, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holden Caprice

what do you want to know about the holden Caprice they are a very nice car the 2003 to 2006 are the ones you want but the 2007 to 2011 are very good too. they have the lot 5.7 or 6.0LT v8 soon you guys will see them as your cop cars over there. if you go to www.holden.com.au you can see them. here are some photo's

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?-holden-wl_statesman_international_2005_.jpg   Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?-1893.jpg   Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?-800px-2006_holden_wm_caprice_03.jpg  
Old June 29th, 2011, 6:41 AM
CF Beginner

I own a 2005 Impala which has 126,098 miles on it and till now i have not faced any problem, I have read complaints on Cruze on some sites.
Old July 26th, 2011, 9:54 AM
CF Junior Member

One thing to keep in mind when reading reviews online, especially from owners who are not journalists, is rarely do people feel moved to share a great experience on a forum. When something goes wrong they want to shout it to the world for some pity points, but when all is well, they expect this and keep on with their day. Keep this in mind when reading about the Cruze on forum sites.
Old September 5th, 2011, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

It is a good idea to buy Chevy Cruze because it is one of the latest car now a days. And it is affordable also and terms of maintenance and mileage also. And it looks like a luxurious cars like Audi, BMW etc. So it is beneficial and a good idea to buy Chevy Cruze.
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I am going to recommend the new Chevrolet Cruze. Chevrolet’s tagline for the Cruze is “Get used to more”. It has more engineering quality, more safety equipment and is more fuel efficient, with an EPA of 26 mpg city, 36 mpg highway. The car includes ten airbags, keyless entry, stability control, traction control, anti-lock brakes, leather interior, OnStar and more,deinitely a car worth checking out. I hope that this helps. Good Luck!
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 6th, 2011, 2:21 PM
Banned

Yep-stay away from the Cruze.They are junk.Thin metal shine with no long term return.A trust in rust.My two cents worth.
Old September 6th, 2011, 2:28 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I am going to recommend the new Chevrolet Cruze. Chevrolet’s tagline for the Cruze is “Get used to more”. It has more engineering quality, more safety equipment and is more fuel efficient, with an EPA of 26 mpg city, 36 mpg highway. The car includes ten airbags, keyless entry, stability control, traction control, anti-lock brakes, leather interior, OnStar and more,deinitely a car worth checking out. I hope that this helps. Good Luck!
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
I hope he takes your advice with a grain of salt since you work for chevy. Not always are all the bells and whistles good, just more trouble in the future. The OP needs to investigate other resources, and I am sure this bulliten board is just one for him.
Old September 28th, 2011, 7:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
I hope he takes your advice with a grain of salt since you work for chevy. Not always are all the bells and whistles good, just more trouble in the future. The OP needs to investigate other resources, and I am sure this bulliten board is just one for him.
Customer service sounds like my dealer-when I went in with transmission problems(and GM have a TSB out-so how can you say there isn't a problem??)my dealer gave me a lesson on how to shift!Only been driving for 45 years.From my own experience-I haven't enjoyed this car,seems like there is always something wrong.Never took my trusty old Cavalier back once with a problem.If you want to see some of the problems,try cruze's FB page.Sounds like 2011 LS automatic is the real lemon.
Old December 31st, 2011, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

it depends on what you want out of the vehicle. Features are great I have no complaints, ride quality is good, a couple of defects here and there but like someone else mentioned every car has its cons.

If your looking for MPG's than the cruze in my opinion is a poor choice, I don't know about the Cruze Eco that one probably gets better gas mileage but the LS is a joke. I learned it the hard way and numbers don't lie.
Old January 1st, 2012, 9:53 AM
CF Junior Member

All I want is a car that gets me from point A to point B reliably! I really don't care how "sexy" it looks.GM has really let me down-and in Canada,it's basically"suck it up,buttercup-you bought it." NOT believing the testing they did at all.....with my tax dollars,yet!

Quick Reply: Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?