Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Major problems with my 2011 Cruze

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2015, 2:27 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jr0610
I had a similar issue recently with about 46000 miles on my car. Went to get on the highway and all of a sudden my car would not go over 40 ish mph. Drove it home with no other issues other than the warning light came on for the engine. It took them 10 days to figure it out. The diagnostic code gave an error with the mass flow sensor but that didn't end up fixing the problem. It ended up being that the intercooler in the turbo unit was plugging up so it was replaced and covered under my powertrain warranty. Seems the turbo unit in the cruzes is having some issues??
Hi Jr0610,

Very sorry for this! We understand how frustrating this may seem for you. We want to look into this more and connect with your preferred dealership. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and dealership information.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 16th, 2015, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Cruze Turbocharger issues (again)

We had our turbocharger replaced in January of 2014. On Monday, while on the highway i noticed it did not seem to accelerate properly. I ended up pulling into my work parking lot because the car started screeching. A young guy who happened to be there unloading a truck came over to help me. He checked the oil and noticed it was "low" but not out.
I got the car towed to my dealership. They informed my husband that the oil was "granular". How can that be when both the young guy and myself saw the oil on the dipstick when he checked it at my work?
My dealership told me to provide my last 2 years worth of receipts for oil changes. Luckily, I was able to produce every one of them because i own a small business and I claim the car repairs. My husband gave the dealership copies of my receipts and right away the service manager said that GM would decline my receipts because my mechanic used a receipt book and the receipts were handwritten. I can't help it that my mechanic who is also a small business uses receipt books and not a computerized accounting/invoice system.
Sure enough the service manager said that GM refused my power train warranty on the basis that the receipts were handwritten. Seems like this has been an ongoing issue for Chev, according to the countless google search results on the matter.
We are well within our power train warranty and just want it to be honored. The dealership wanted proof we had our oil changed regularly and we provided proof. Now they won't do the work unless we pay for it and so our car is sitting in their lot.
I don't think we are asking for anything unrealistic here. We just want it replaced, when in reality, it shouldn't have had issues in the first place.
Old July 17th, 2015, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Zanderdee
I bought my Chevy Cruze 9 months ago. I now have 66,000 miles on it..3 weeks ago the check engine light came on, the fan ran constantly, and it ejected all the coolant, the reservoir was empty I put Dex-cool 50/50 in to take it to the dealer where I bought it . Took it in, the dealer ran the diagnostic and found and replaced the thermostat. It was covered under warranty. Now two days ago it started doing the same thing. Check engine light, constant fan running and little coolant left in reservoir. I took it to a different dealer due to close proximity to where I live they came up with diagnostic code P 00b7 and have no idea and never seen that code before. I am scared that this will be expensive to fix and not under warranty. Any suggestions as to what it is, if it is covered, any money trees to fix it. I am really starting to not like this car. :-(
I was having so many issues with my cruze. I had the water pump replaced after I kept losing coolant. Few months later, started losing coolant again. Had a recall done regarding coolant leak, was ok for about a month. All of a sudden, I started getting a message saying that stabilitrak needed servicing along with check engine light coming on and off. Long story shorts, car stopped at a stoplight, wouldn't start back up, had car towed and after having it for two weeks, they told me that I needed a new engine.
Old July 21st, 2015, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Contact?

When will I be contacted by Chev about my current issue??My Chev Cruze is sitting on my dealerships lot because they are wiping their hands of my turbo issue.
I'm so not impressed.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Jr0610,

Very sorry for this! We understand how frustrating this may seem for you. We want to look into this more and connect with your preferred dealership. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and dealership information.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 3rd, 2015, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

Wow. There seems to be a lot of issues with this car, and it's already a few generations into production. These issues should not exist from a prudent manufacturer. Speaks to the culture of expectation and entitlement that GM needs to smack off their dealer's faces.
I've always owned a Chevy since 1980. I've also owned (and still do) many "import but made in the USA" cars. Sadly, only the sheer size has been the impetus to keeping a Chev in my driveway. I have been commuting with VW diesels since 1988; and still have a MK II Jetta TD. It's starting to get old and I wanted to believe I could replace it with a Cruze Diesel. Not anymore.
When my last Chevy bites the dust, it'll be the last one I ever own. Why? The Dealer.
Dealing with them is like trying to get a straight answer from a defence attorney that needs to win a case to make the month's office rent.
I will be buying privately, used, and going to a private mechanic of good repute.
Old August 4th, 2015, 8:28 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by madmedix
Wow. There seems to be a lot of issues with this car, and it's already a few generations into production. These issues should not exist from a prudent manufacturer. Speaks to the culture of expectation and entitlement that GM needs to smack off their dealer's faces.
I've always owned a Chevy since 1980. I've also owned (and still do) many "import but made in the USA" cars. Sadly, only the sheer size has been the impetus to keeping a Chev in my driveway. I have been commuting with VW diesels since 1988; and still have a MK II Jetta TD. It's starting to get old and I wanted to believe I could replace it with a Cruze Diesel. Not anymore.
When my last Chevy bites the dust, it'll be the last one I ever own. Why? The Dealer.
Dealing with them is like trying to get a straight answer from a defence attorney that needs to win a case to make the month's office rent.
I will be buying privately, used, and going to a private mechanic of good repute.
Hello Madmedix,

We are saddened to hear that this has turned you away from our products. Please know we take comments like this very seriously, and we apologize for the negative experience with the dealership. This is not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you as a loyal customer.

We are always happy to help the best way possible if you are experiencing a vehicle concern. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 26th, 2015, 9:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default we are having the same difficulties.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
bwelsh822,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Cruze vehicle. Would you please PM me your case number, so I ca ln look into this further?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
We have the same vehicle and we have done all the recall and have just gotten the same error code. We had to have it towed to be fixed Christmas evening. We still have our warranty buy this is very frustrating. Any chance they will recall the car soon?
Old December 29th, 2015, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

I am also a 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco owner. I am fed up with my vehicle. 57000 miles replaced water pump. Transmission acts up. I contact my dealership and they do not believeme.Iit still does the same thing. It shifts funny. Now I have another coolant leak. Either from radiator hose attached to thermostat assembly or something else. Not exactly sure. My warranty is now expired and I don't know what to do. I can tell you for sure I'm finished with my dealership and more than likely Chevrolet too.
Old March 21st, 2016, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2013 Malibu code P00B7

My husbands 2013 Chevy Malibu check engine light came on so I took it to Auto Zone and they gave me a code of P00B7.
His factory installed automatic starter has stopped working as well. Sometimes when we turn off the car you can hear the fan still running (it sounds like the car is still on). A few months ago the heat was not coming out hot, it felt more like AC. We added some Dex-Cool 50/50 Antifreeze /Collant and that worked until it all leaked out onto our driveway. He has 62k miles and we were told the warranty is up. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Tiffany
Tclonts1840@aol.com
Old June 9th, 2016, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fan running constantly / check engine light

[QUOTE=Chevrolet Customer Service;260039]
Today my check engine light came on my 2011 chevy cruze. ALSO the constant running of the fan had been running non stop Yesterday on the way home from work I got a message on my dash saying that "the fan was being shut down due to engine overheating." But I didn't have the fan on. It has been running by itself. ALSO the driver side heated seat just quit working today coolant wont stay in coolant reservoir

The reason I wound up here is because I just had an oil change, hoping that was the reason for the check engine light and fan issues (I was due), but it changed nothing. The fan setting is OFF, yet the fan is still racing and check engine light is still on.

I googled "Chevy Cruze fan running" and was surprised to find how many people this is happening to. Thing is, how do we deal with it?

I have a 3 hour drive trip coming up Saturday and don't want to run into trouble.

Quick Reply: Major problems with my 2011 Cruze