Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

my engine fan is running all the time

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2014, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent you a PM, please let me know you received it upon receipt
Old August 29th, 2014, 1:54 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by play2win
Got the codes read this morning, they are coming back P0597 & P0598......does anyone have suggestions? It said "thermostat heater", is this considered the power train warranty?
We've sent you another private message, play2win. We look forward to speaking with you further and please let us know if you have additional questions.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 7th, 2014, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by deanguy
I have a 2012 cruze and the engine light came on and I had check and it came to be coolant temp sensor but its not running hot .So I carried it to pep boys for a diagnostic and they could not find any thing wrong with it. The thing that bothers my wife is that the fan runs all the time and is louder than it was before the check engine light came on.Pep boys reset the computer and it was fine for 2 days then it started the same thing .check engine light and fan running all the time what could it be?
car computer maybe brake down. so ;to reset not enough. you need change it. or sensor need fix . it has cold soldering . it need fresh soldering. or you should change it.
Old September 13th, 2014, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Angry My fan also started ti stay on

I have a Cruz also that the fan just couple of days ago started to stay on all the time , making a loud noise and engine light on. this is the first new CHEVY I HAVE EVER BOUGHT, I hope it is still under warranty.
Old September 13th, 2014, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issue with my Cruze. It started with the fan coming on randomely but now it is all the time. It seems to be a common issue, is there a common fix or recal on this?
Old September 13th, 2014, 4:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Hi jab1234 and pepmyser,

I'm sorry to hear that your fan in your vehicles have been giving you both troubles. We will like to look into your concerns further. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name for further assistance.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 15th, 2014, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem as you are talking about. I have a 2012 cruze with 54,000 miles. The engine light came on and I am getting a code 0597. The engine fan runs at a high pitch and is running that way alot now. Is it still covered under the 5yr. powertrain warranty?
Old September 15th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by todaud
I am having the same problem as you are talking about. I have a 2012 cruze with 54,000 miles. The engine light came on and I am getting a code 0597. The engine fan runs at a high pitch and is running that way alot now. Is it still covered under the 5yr. powertrain warranty?

Hi todaud,

Sorry you're having trouble with your Cruze. Although we are limited in the amount of technical information we are able to provide as we are not technically trained. We'd be glad to investigate this further and reach out to your dealership on your behalf. Please send me a private message, if you're interested!

Andraya (assisting Amber)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 16th, 2014, 10:37 PM
CF Beginner

I am having an exact issue on my 40k miles 2012 cruze LS manual. Fan is revving up so high with the check engine light. This is my first time owning a chevrolet and I may have made a bad choice. Same reason as everyone buying brand new car to avoid all the hassle of repairs but looks like it's the other way around.
Old September 17th, 2014, 4:47 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Chevy57
I am having an exact issue on my 40k miles 2012 cruze LS manual. Fan is revving up so high with the check engine light. This is my first time owning a chevrolet and I may have made a bad choice. Same reason as everyone buying brand new car to avoid all the hassle of repairs but looks like it's the other way around.
We understand it's inconvenient to have to return to the dealership so soon after purchase. We regret to learn you feel this way, Chevy57, and this is certainly not the experience we wish for any of our Chevy customers. If there's anything we can do to look further into this for you, please send us your VIN and contact information via private message.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: my engine fan is running all the time