Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

New to the Forum- Looking for Chevy Customer Service Response

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2024, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Forum- Looking for Chevy Customer Service Response

Hello.
This is my first post in any Chevy Forum. I have owned a 2012 Chevy Cruze for 10 years now, and all I can say is that it's the worst car that I've ever had and is a money pit. I'm not a car enthusiast; I'm an average customer. When I first purchased my car in 2014, I thought it was going to be a great purchase; it had good safety ratings at the time and the price was within my budget.
However, I was proven wrong very quickly when my transmission went at 67,000 miles. While it was still under warranty then and replaced at no charge, I have had nothing but trouble since. I have kept every record of every single thing I have had done to the car since purchasing it. In the past year, I have spent $2,800 in repairs, and my problem is still not fixed (coolant leaking).
I tried to reach out to GM's customer chat today, and I was essentially told that they will really only consider reimbursing you for repairs that have been done at a GM dealership, even if it's been for things that have been recalled.
Last year, I hit 100,000 miles, and in that time, I have had replaced my alternator, serpentine belt, timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, radiator reserve tank, transmission oil cooler hose, air condition hose, crankshaft position sensor, and thermostat housing due to stalling out and a check engine light and service stabilitrak light came on, as well as overheating and my reservoir tank constantly emptying. Just the other day, I received a message saying that the AC was being turned off due to high temps. I had my heat on, and my car was running very rough and poorly. I brought my car back to the auto repair shop because when I checked the reservoir tank I had the same problem of it being empty, and I had only driven it 3,000 miles since having all of that other work done to the car just 6 months prior. I was told the throttle body heater hose was leaking and needed to be replaced, and I put another $354 into it. Yesterday, I still smelled the sweet coolant smell as soon as I got out of my car and it said my coolant temp was at 235 degrees, which according to the Chevy Cruze forums shouldn't go above 226 degrees.
I am at my wit's end. I'm embarrassed to keep taking my car back to the repair shop for the same problem; I am even more embarrassed that I keep putting money into this car that's 12 years old and only worth $1,000 according to KBB. I cannot afford to keep making repairs, and I certainly cannot afford to purchase another car at this time due to this very difficult economy.
I am not looking for advice or for anyone to start an argument with me. I am just looking for GM/Chevy to acknowledge that this is not okay and that just because I have not had it serviced at a GM dealership that my issues don't matter. I have read so many complaints about the same issues with the coolant, and I cannot believe that it has not been addressed.
Thanks.
Old March 5th, 2024, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 614 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by whitecruze234
I am just looking for GM/Chevy to acknowledge that this is not okay
Then you need to contact them.
This is a discussion forum for owners