Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Not happy with MY Cruz

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2012, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have a 2012 cruze with the automatic so far no problems as of yet with the tranny, just the paint. the rear doors are not lined up and the debris from the tires are kicking up on the rear quarter panels and chipping the paint. it has been to the body shop twice for repair any one have this problem yet? only has 15,000 miles on it. got to stop making these cars so CHEAP there won't be nothing left.i'm going back to my old chevy truck 1983 scottsdale 3/4 ton 4x4 358...this has more metal in it to last no rust!! go back to the older cars and trucks they were made to last!!
Old October 12th, 2012, 1:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by marc8896
we have a 2012 cruze with the automatic so far no problems as of yet with the tranny, just the paint. the rear doors are not lined up and the debris from the tires are kicking up on the rear quarter panels and chipping the paint. it has been to the body shop twice for repair any one have this problem yet? only has 15,000 miles on it. got to stop making these cars so CHEAP there won't be nothing left.i'm going back to my old chevy truck 1983 scottsdale 3/4 ton 4x4 358...this has more metal in it to last no rust!! go back to the older cars and trucks they were made to last!!
marc8896,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Cruze vehicle. I encourage you to contact your local dealer to have this issue repaired under your Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 13th, 2012, 9:41 AM
CF Junior Member

FYI-Chev customer service...I've tried taking this vehicle in to dealer (only one in city) multi times-only answer is "That's normal for this car." Really tired of being blown off.You've lost me as a loyal(40+ years) customer-and you've lost most in my large family.So far this year at least $250,000 has gone to Toyota & Ford-mainly because of how problems with this car have been handled. Way to improve brand loyalty!
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

we have taken the car back to the dealer twice and sent us to the body shop, the warranty covered the first time, the body shop paid the second time, and told us that the doors had to be bent and twisted in order to fit properly...{never had to do this with the older cars} they did'nt do it without the okay from the dealer.there is NO QUALITY in these cars or your new chevy trucks and gmc trucks the frames in my opinion are JUNK holes in the frames so the dirt and road salt can collect in them and rust out in a couple of years. we pay good money for these vehicles and they don't last always something wrong. i have been a chevy man ever since i was 17 years old and now 54 i have never seen anything so cheap looking. we are not buying anything new ever again wheather it's toyota, ford, chevy, gmc, dodge,or the rest of the junk.we are going to sell this car and i have been looking at a 1972 chevelle w/396 all original, and im getting my 1983 chev scottsdale truck out of storage. there is alot of people getting really upset with this crap, your sales are going to drop, so put the QUALITY back then you might get the sales back. my chevy racecars had more quality than these junks.
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

one more thing...don't you have inspectors on the assembly line checking out these defects before you send them off to the dealers? i mean check every thing in detail and correct the the problems in craftsman ship that would eliminate the problems and ALL THESE RECALLS!! don't make any of the manufactures look very good!!
Old October 17th, 2012, 1:03 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by marc8896
one more thing...don't you have inspectors on the assembly line checking out these defects before you send them off to the dealers? i mean check every thing in detail and correct the the problems in craftsman ship that would eliminate the problems and ALL THESE RECALLS!! don't make any of the manufactures look very good!!
marc8896,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your Cruze vehicle. Would you please PM me with a description of the problem you are experiencing and the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 19th, 2012, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lmhall2004
I'm a new member and my name is Lisa. I purchased my Chevy Cruze on a lease back in August. Needless to say I'm so disappointed in the car!! Most of my driving is city and the shifting of the transmission is dangerous!! Hesitation, getting stuck in 3rd gear, and sometimes car almost stalls to the point where I've almost beed rearended several times. It only has 3000 miles on it and I have taken it back to dealership. Their response: Unfortunately this is how the Cruze was made. Too many gears for a small engine. Now, I, as a female come from a mechanical family. This is so not normal. The gas mileage for city driving suffers tremendously due to this issue.
Now, I've heard that they are also looking at the possibility of car fires associated with the Cruze. The manufacturers blame poor maintenance and not driving the car properly. Hello: poor maintenance on a car with less than 5000 miles. Driving the car improperly: Get in turn the key and drive is not hard to do. (well it is for this one). I know others are experiencing the exact same issues. Any word on what they are planning to do?

Wow Im sorry your having those troubles. I had a 2012 Chevy Cruze with a automatic before I bought my SS Camaro and I must say that I absolutely loved that Cruze. Not 1 problem ever. I put almost 20k miles on it and put a trailer hitch on it and loaded all my belongings into the trailer and drove 2500 miles from Phoenix to Naples and that Cruze ran perfect! I think Chevy hit a homerun with that car!
Old October 20th, 2012, 9:33 AM
CF Junior Member

But a lot of us got real lemons (I'm not really picky-my old Cavalier only went back for routine maintenance). When you spend $20,000+ you don't expect it to be like buying a lottery ticket. GM is not addressing any of the issues(other than cutting all of the shield out from under car.) More lost sales,GM-4 new FORD 1/2 tons to family members....you're going to have to better to improve"brand loyalty."
Old October 26th, 2012, 3:25 AM
CF Beginner

Hmm I too have owned Cruze and driving well and no any problem with it. I am really disappointed to listen about your problem and it is really matter of great concern.
Old October 30th, 2012, 3:44 PM
CF Active Member

lol its amazing how yall condemn EVERY car from a manufacturer just because something might have gotten past quality control.
Or just the simple fact that someone doesn't know how to drive a sick and then says its a lemon after possibly damaging the trans/clutch...
(Thats to those who say the cars a lemon and such)

I know a few people who have different versions of the Cruze, auto/manual turbo/standard... And I can say that none of them have any issues.

If you don't like the revving, then buy an vehicle with a larger engine and more torque. A smaller I4 engine WILL have to rev higher to be able to perform as opposed to a v6 or v8.

So you know, I'm not bias and for the Cruze, I dislike it. Just my personal preference. I like the Sonic a lot more than the Cruze.
But I wouldn't go buy a low quality cheap foreign Nissan or Honda, etc if I get a car that happened to have something that was defective.
You have to understand, they make several hundred thousand of all kinds of cars, something is bound to slip past quality control, its true for all vehicles of all manufacturers.

Last edited by GHOSTOWLGRID; October 30th, 2012 at 3:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Not happy with MY Cruz