Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Oil leak

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2022, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak

I have a 2014 cruze lt with 161k miles on it. It’s leaking oil and I had the valve cover replaced 4 weeks ago under warranty (this is the 2nd time) and in 2 weeks it was leaking at the top left bolt again. I brought it back in and they said my valve cover isn’t leaking and that it was the front cover. I took it to my dealership that has fixed everything on my car except this. They said they don’t see the front cover leaking but do see a lot of other stuff including the valve cover. He said it looks like the top left bolt is stripped and there is sealant there where there shouldn’t be. He said he noticed the coolant outlet is leaking along with the cam seals, oil cooler pipes and valve cover and the oil pan gasket. With an oil change he’s looking at $2,600 to fix it all. He said to talk to the dealer that fixed the valve cover see if they can fix it, which I did and they said they will take care of me on that. Now idk what is next to fix. One dealer saying front cover other saying it’s not it’s all this I just posted. It’s leaking on the passengers side under the car.

Oil leaking on the bolt says it’s stripped

Sealant where it shouldn’t. E