Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Oil, lot's of oil

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2014, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil, lot's of oil

Purchased Certified Pre Owned 2012 Cruze Lt from dealer 9/27/12, -9,000k miles. Vehicle functioned properly until check engine light appeared on 10/06/14. This is when the fun starts! Take to dealer, dealer replaces Positive crankcase ventilation valve, also does 1 of the many recalls next day Oil all over garage floor. Back to dealer 2nd time, dealer blames it on recall and replaces cam cover gasket. Next day oil all over what was once a pristine garage floor. Back to dealer 3rd time, dealer replaces cam cover, they got it this time... no they don't. Instead of it leaking all over the next day now it's a very subtle drip appearing to be from oil building up on the bottom of the engine. Almost sure it's not just residual oil from all the leaks before. Shame on me for going to the same dealer 3 times and expecting a different result.
Do I start the entire process over with different dealer? Anyone heard of other Cruzes doing this? Conclusion, what a great waste of time, money and resources by dealer.
Old November 18th, 2014, 8:42 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never heard of a cruze doing this. a subtle drip could very well be residue. a dirty engine bay can drip for weeks on end from a mess left behind.
Take it to the local self-service car wash. let it cool down, spray the engine bay down with Engine degreaser (available at parts stores). And then power wash your engine bay. I recommend covering electrical components in a plastic trash bag to avoid unnecessary accidents.