Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Radio Turning Off and Screen Goes Black, Dash Lights All Flashing - What's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2017, 12:49 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Radio Turning Off and Screen Goes Black, Dash Lights All Flashing - What's the deal?

I've owned my 2014 Chevy Cruze LT 2 for around 1 year and it only has 30 K miles on the car in total, and I've only put 6 k miles on it myself.
I take good care of it and treat it well and I was told it has never been in an accident said the dealer, I assume the car shouldnt be acting up this early
but its already having electrical issues.

While driving The radio will randomly turn off and the screen will go blank and the music will stop and the dash lights including the stabilitrac will flicker on and off.
The dash lights only flicker on and off when the radio and radio screen randomly turns off.
Sometimes the radio will only shut off once and return back to normal and other times it will turn off and on over and over.

I visited the dealer where I bought the car and they basically told me that this issue would probably be handled and covered by the GM " Bumper To Bumper Warranty ",
However, the service writer told me that my " Bumper To Bumper Warranty " has just expired " just as soon as the problem started " so it could be costly
They told me I would have to make an appointment to have it diagnosed which could cost me close to $99 just to diagnose, and very roughly estimated that it will cost me around $175 to fix it completely.

I work at a car sales lot where we have two mechanics so If I can fix this myself I would like avoid the high prices usually charger since I dont have a lot of money.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Chevy Cruze and what was the solution to fixing it?
It is serious, or could this issue potentially cause the car to malfunction in a way that results n serious injury or death to the driver or other passangers?
Any information would be great!

Thanks!

Old August 17th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Check the OBD with a scan tool, see if you come up with any codes.
One common denominator here is grounds. Consider changing your
negative cable, and engine to frame ground strap.
Old February 19th, 2021, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me Too

Yes I’ve been having this same exact issue since December. Did you figure out what was wrong with it? Is it dangerous to continue driving the car with this issue? How much did it cost to fix it?