Battery died 2010 Equinox

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2013, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery died 2010 Equinox

Hello I am glad to find this website. My 2010 Chevy Equinox only has 65,000 miles and the battery had to be replaced today. This cost me $130 Can I GET REINBURSED??? This car is too new for the battery to die.

Second the rattle that everybody is referring to on this particular model is very annoying is there a recall on this issue????
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Do you have the extended bumper to bumper warranty? If you do then they will replace the battery. If you do not then it is up to you to pay for it. Most batteries come with a 36 month replacement warranty and after that it is prorated.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 3:16 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ladylove,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your Equinox. I can certainly look further into this for you. Can you please private message me your name, VIN, address, and phone number? I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 22nd, 2013, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

I am having a similar problem. My wife's 2010 Equinox with under 40k miles had a dead battery. We bought the extended warrantee through the dealer (good up to 86k miles) but the battery does no seem to be covered. The battery in my 2002 Honda is more than twice as old as the Equinox I and never have problems. I was told to bring it to my dealer and am walking out $160+ lighter. I could have gone to NTB, Sears, or Pep Boys the day the battery died and not had to have paid for labor, swap cars with my wife, and be late for work.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 3:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Equinox2010
I am having a similar problem. My wife's 2010 Equinox with under 40k miles had a dead battery. We bought the extended warrantee through the dealer (good up to 86k miles) but the battery does no seem to be covered. The battery in my 2002 Honda is more than twice as old as the Equinox I and never have problems. I was told to bring it to my dealer and am walking out $160+ lighter. I could have gone to NTB, Sears, or Pep Boys the day the battery died and not had to have paid for labor, swap cars with my wife, and be late for work.
Hello Equinox2010,

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum! I am sorry your wife's Equinox recently needed a battery replacement. I understand your frustration due to your current situation. If you would like to further discuss this, please contact us via private message and include your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name of the dealer you worked with. We are here to assist and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 equinox battery dead

I too have a 2010 equinox with a whole host of issues. The newest issue is that that battery is dead and generating low voltage error codes. It has to be jumped every day to function. We purchased the car in ~May 2010 and have 95K miles on it, but my other car (Mazda3 with 122k) has never had to have the battery replaced in it!! Why should I have to replace a 3 year old battery??

In addition to that, I have had every engine problem you could imagine. My car has been in the shop 10+ times this year for engine issues, usually related to timing chain, fuel pump, throttle body, etc. It is at the dealership AGAIN today for timing chain issues and now a dead battery.
Old January 6th, 2014, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Equinox2010
Were you able to get this covered under warranty? I too have the GMPP contract and was just told that my battery isn't covered on my 2010 Equinox as well, cost me $112 just for them to tell me the battery was going bad and they wanted another $180 to replace it...I'm really not liking my dealership much especially with how many times I've had to take this car in for work and they've kept it for up to a week at a time...
Old June 3rd, 2014, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Very upset

I bought my 2010 Chevy equinox 1 1/2 years ago. I have spent over 3000 dollars fixing this car. First throttle body and timing chain slipped. Why has there not been a recall for this seems like a Common problem everyone is having. Not car hesitating to start. Heat and air not blowing out. Also seems like another issue everybody has. Chevy needs to step up and recall these issues.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 3:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Hey Angela0374,

Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you part of our community. I deeply apologize for your dissatisfaction due to the vehicle issues you've encountered throughout your ownership experience. We are here to assist with vehicle questions and concerns, so if you would like to further discuss your situation, please feel free to send us a private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 22nd, 2014, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Batter Replacement

I am having the same issue with my battery!!! I have a 2011 Equinox 40k miles and all I did was take it into the dealership for an OIL CHANGE!!! We were not having any prior issues with the battery or car not wanting to start.When we picked it up they said they had trouble starting it (it was there all day) and now that we brought it home it won't start without jumping it!!!!!! Very unsatisfied and this looks like the last Chevy we're buying and the auto dept was not helpful or kind at all when I questioned them.

Quick Reply: Battery died 2010 Equinox