Engine Building & Overhauling All you ever wanted to know about building and rebuilding engines in here! Remember to post your model-specific questions in the correct section.

Wanting to learn more...

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2008, 9:41 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wanting to learn more...

Your truck could have 2 seperate manuals from Gm or it could have just 1. Some vehicles have 3 of these (IE the 1997 Diesel suburban my cousin has).These are thick manuals with very thin pages so tearing is pretty them is easy. When or if you do get them, be cautious on turning pages to prevent ripping.
Old December 21st, 2008, 6:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Ok now that I know they are fragile, where do I get them...
Old December 22nd, 2008, 9:12 AM
CF Junior Member

DANGIT!! i knew I was forgetting something, i was going to ask my wife where that cable was and bring it today and I forgot!! haha

its a perty standard cable maybe i have one laying around here somewhere...

is this the manual you are talking about?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...sQ5fLiterature
Old December 22nd, 2008, 9:21 AM
CF Junior Member

DANGIT x9999999 stupid camera!! it seems as though all the pictures i took are now corrupted and wont let me view any of the pics on my camera now!! except one lol only one stupid picture works...

http://basictire.com/truck/HPIM2638.JPG

woo flippin wooo....

well, im pretty sure it wont be that hard to figure out where all the wires go. I mean, most of the plugs were different somehow and i could always look in my dad's truck as he has a 95 gmc with the same exact engine as mine in it...

ok anyways, i just took some more pictures and right away put them on the computer...
here is the directory where i am putting the pictures

http://basictire.com/truck/

Old December 24th, 2008, 2:16 AM
CF Active Member

Haha. Just one little question. If there was any R12 in the AC system, how'd you get it out? I bet you did the same (or close) to the same thing I wound up doing. Since we don't have a AC machine at work that will do R12 recovery and recharging at work anymore and I don't have a retro fit kit on my truck.
Old December 24th, 2008, 2:09 PM
CF Junior Member

There was no R134 in the system, hasn't been for a long time cuz the compressor doesn't work anymore, but either way, I wouldn't have had to let it out anyway as you can just take the compressor off the bracket and lay it off to the side while you pull the engine...
Old December 25th, 2008, 3:51 PM
CF Active Member

Ya,I don't have any left in my system anymore due to a broke line. So after replacing the line I either just remove my line if its in the way of working on my truck or just remove the compressor.
Old January 9th, 2009, 4:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Well I bet you all thought I had given up on my project huh!!!

actually the truck has just been sitting there for last couple of weeks, and the only thing we've done is take the leaf springs off the rear axle and put them onto our service truck lol it was hanging down bad in the back and its only a half ton so we put my 3/4 ton springs in the back so it could take a lil more weight without sagging so much...

anyways, i didn't get hardly anything i requested for christmas, so now i am left to pretty much buy all the tools myself, which in a way i would prefer so that way i can buy what i want...

this weekend or next week i will be moving into a different place to live, so that will take up plenty of my time, and im still extremely broke from christmas and the lil trip we took for a family gathering type thing... business is not picking up pace like i had hoped and thats is definitely not helping either...

you ever notice that when you have time to do something, you can't afford it, and when you can afford it, you don't have time... and when you finally have time and money to do something, somebody either needs your time or your money more then you do? one of these days i am going to explode i swear...
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:04 PM
CF Veteran

The had me worrying about holes in the ozone layer there for a bit, but I'm OK now.
Old January 19th, 2009, 1:09 AM
CF Active Member

Wifey may of finally killed him...

Quick Reply: Wanting to learn more...