Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

06 Equinox with overheating issues

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2019, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head gaskets.2

Originally Posted by Brenda Le Cunningham Sellers
Did you ever find out if your heater core was an issue? I just had my head gaskets replaced a couple months ago and my car is overheating again. I hear water sloshing somewhere in my dash but not leaking inside my car. I am thinking my heater core is stopped up.
what is a fair price for head gasket replacement?
Old January 15th, 2023, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
the coolant flows throw the heater core inside your dash which is how you get heat into the cab.

If you have coolant on the floorboard most likely you have a leaking heater core. If its actual water it could be a plugged drain in the hvac case or an actual leak that water is getting into the car.
also, water on the floorboard could mean the drain for your sunroof is clogged by debris,debris come uncoupled
Old February 5th, 2023, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default Heater core

Originally Posted by BadKarma6
Yes it was the head gasket, however i still believe i have a heater core issue. Smell antifreeze when car is on defrost, inside windows will not defrost, and stick residue on windows, but there is no wet spot on passenger side floor. Planning on getting this checked after i pay for the 1800 dollar head gasket issue
On the equinox driver side floor . It don't defrost leave a film on windshield it's the heater core