Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2012, 3:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rbutton
My 2011 Equinox has been having the traction light come on intermittently then go away. Dealer could never find any problem with the system. Was told to ignore it as it was fine.
I'd also like to know more about this pigtail wire to know if it might fix my problem.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Equinox vehicle. Did the dealer state which code(s) came up?

This issue may be due to the X210 connector. It may have come unlatched or have a loose connection. This is just a suggestion, it is not meant as a diagnosis.

I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional information.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 15th, 2012, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry the site will not allow me to register so will use up my emails addresses till i run out of them!
We could not activate your account because this web address is not valid. Make sure that you have the entire address from the email, and that your email client has not split the address over several lines.
and yup one long line url to register with...

Anyway... Will ask the dealer about that part number and see if they have checked it specifically. I was kind of bothered that they said ignore it, now that it's off warranty will take it to a different dealer to ask them. I bought two new vehicles from them in less than a month apart so kind of hoped that they would be a "little nice" - the loaded LTZ's are not cheep and extended trucks are also not cheep! This is a dealer that's I'm bugged about not chevy! Take car in for warranty problems choice is wait for them to work on it... hours or arrange my own transportation no loaner, or transportation van provided.
Old July 17th, 2012, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Wow!
Great thread!
I have a 2010 Equinox LT with about 58k miles.
Yes, we have driven it a lot, but now put very few miles on it.
We bought it new, warranty has long ago expired, and we have hefty monthly payments which GMAC expects regularly.
Shame we can't expect their product to perform as well as they expect us to perform.
Anyway, we are experiencing the same ABS/TC lights and noisy pulsating left front brake so many have detailed here. Also loss of brake pedal.
I thought it needed brakes, so we pulled the drivers side front wheel, and the pads were great, 50% or so.
Not having read this forum yet, I said, lets put the new pads on, just in case there is some hidden defect causing the noise.
Nope.
So I did some research, found this forum, and pulled the ABS fuse.
Now I have Brake,ABS and TC lights on, but brakes work fine, except, wife reports steering wheel acts strange on some turns. I suspect this may be related to the missing abs functions, but cannot say for sure.
Question, can the ABS sensors be changed without removing the entire hub?
Same question regarding cleaning sensors with contact cleaner.
Also, does anyone have a link to any kind of visual illustrations, or youtube videos on this project?
Thanks for all who have posted, I will continue to keep posting until we fix it or die trying. lol
Old July 17th, 2012, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default Picture of wiring harness

I found some pics of the pigtail, or wiring harness on ebay.

ACDELCO 22715444 ABS Speed Sensor | eBay
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems-abs-speed-sensor-harness-%24-kgrhqj-iwe68ozrg5ybo2h1eo-w%7E%7E60_12.jpg   2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems-abs-speed-sensor-harness-%24-kgrhqrhj-se63ksoyc9bo2fvpse0q%7E%7E60_12.jpg  
Old July 17th, 2012, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

OK, so here is a how to for anyone who wants to try to clean the sensor before replacing it, which seems like a good starting point.
He also discusses how to check the harness connections, which, on my 2010 looks a little tricky, since they are buried under the fuse panel, and very hard to reach.
Since the pictures are not of an Equinox, I showed them to my stepson, who took the caliper off, and he recognized the plug on the top of the hub, so it's built the same way.

How To: Service/Replace ABS Wheel Speed Sensor - Chevy Tahoe Forum | GMC Yukon Forum | Tahoe Z71 | Cadillac Escalade - Tahoe Yukon Forum
Old July 22nd, 2012, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue with my 2005 Equinox. The ABS and traction control lights come on after I've been driving a bit. My regular brakes are working fine and I haven't noticed any pulsing or long stop times.

I will of course get this checked out as soon as I can BUT I am honestly dead broke at the moment. Can I drive with these lights on for a week or two until I can manage to scrape up some money? I will be very careful with any driving in the rain or other slippery conditions. I will also stick close to home. Just need a little reassurance that my regular brakes are not going to fail? Thanks!
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Tana_Q
Hi all,

I'm having the same issue with my 2005 Equinox. The ABS and traction control lights come on after I've been driving a bit. My regular brakes are working fine and I haven't noticed any pulsing or long stop times.

I will of course get this checked out as soon as I can BUT I am honestly dead broke at the moment. Can I drive with these lights on for a week or two until I can manage to scrape up some money? I will be very careful with any driving in the rain or other slippery conditions. I will also stick close to home. Just need a little reassurance that my regular brakes are not going to fail? Thanks!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> If the ABS warning light comes on and stays on, there may be a problem with the antilock portion of the brake system. If the red BRAKE light is not on, you still have brakes, but you don’t have antilock brakes. Please adjust your driving accordingly.

If the regular brake system warning light is also on, you don’t have anti-lock brakes and there’s a problem with your regular brakes. Please have the vehicle service as soon as possible.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 26th, 2012, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Tana_Q
Hi all,

You might try checking the ABS fuses before spending $$ on a mechanic.
Under the hood, directly in front of the drivers side close to the windshield is the fuse panel on my 2010.
Old July 28th, 2012, 5:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default My Chevy Equinox Problem

Please, anybody could help me;
my car is 2006 AWD, and it has a 4 wheel driving problem, that only the two front wheel working and the rear wheels not working all the time.
Old July 28th, 2012, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> If the ABS warning light comes on and stays on, there may be a problem with the antilock portion of the brake system. If the red BRAKE light is not on, you still have brakes, but you don’t have antilock brakes. Please adjust your driving accordingly.

If the regular brake system warning light is also on, you don’t have anti-lock brakes and there’s a problem with your regular brakes. Please have the vehicle service as soon as possible.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Thank you. The regular brake light is NOT on so I will drive safely and close to home until I can get this fixed.

Originally Posted by equinot
You might try checking the ABS fuses before spending $$ on a mechanic.
Under the hood, directly in front of the drivers side close to the windshield is the fuse panel on my 2010.
Thank you so much! I hope it is in the same spot but I am going to look for this. A fuse would be a cheap solution!

Quick Reply: 2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems