Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 equinox heating problem

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2013, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 equinox heating problem

Hello, I got a 2007 equinox that is stumping me. At idle, heater blows cold, even when up to operating temp. Rev it up to 2500 rpm's, blows hot like normal. When driving, heats good, just coming to a stop, blows luke warm or cold.

Replaced the t-stat, water pump, flushed system, new head gasket 10,000 ago. Car has 130k. Any suggestions?????
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
Old January 7th, 2013, 5:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

that is a symptom of low coolant level or air in the cooling system.
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:41 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
that is a symptom of low coolant level or air in the cooling system.
+1 ^^

Be sure to bleed the cooling system after filling it again. There is a bleeder screw on the top of the housing that the water pump attaches to.
Old January 8th, 2013, 5:11 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First check and make sure your coolant level is full when the engine is cold. If it is low on coolant, then the vehicle has a coolant leak and needs pressure tested to locate and then repair the leak, and the coolant refilled. Next is if your heater core is restricted. To find this out with a fully warmed up and running engine and your heater or defrost is on locate the heater hoses going into the firewall,touch both of them, they should be very warm to hot when touched and about the same temperature each. If one is hot, but the other is cooler, then the heater core is restricted, and it will need flushed out or replaced.
The following users liked this post:
Amanda King (April 23rd, 2021)
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:14 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks everyone. Bled the water pump and now the car is heating like it should. Thanks again.
Old May 6th, 2015, 7:18 AM
CF Beginner

Hi I have a 2007 chevy equinox it has been overheating. I have replaced the radiator the fans the water pump the thermostat and the temperature cooling sensor and it is still overheating any idea what it may be???
Old May 6th, 2015, 7:35 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ttennessee
Hi I have a 2007 chevy equinox it has been overheating. I have replaced the radiator the fans the water pump the thermostat and the temperature cooling sensor and it is still overheating any idea what it may be???
Hi ttennessee,

We understand you've been working to fix the overheating issue with your Chevy Equinox, but you're still experiencing this problem after multiple repairs. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. If you're interested in going to a dealership for additional assistance we're happy to set that up for you. Just private message us your VIN, full contact info, mileage, and preferred dealer and we'll gladly reach out to them.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 30th, 2019, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default chevy equinox it has been overheating

Try flushing the coolant system and don't put in that orange coolant back in it! Use the universal green coolant, after it's flushed. Most likely, you have a clogged coolant system. That's what happened to my 07 equinox. Hope this helps!
Originally Posted by ttennessee
Old January 1st, 2021, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this post is old.... But check the top hose to your coolant reservoir. I pulled mine off and stuck a coat hanger into the reservoir. Turns out it was clogged and not allowing the coolant to recirculate back into it. Fixed my no heat at idle! Something so simple. SMDH!
The following users liked this post:
ruley73 (February 15th, 2021)
Old February 12th, 2021, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Alan Mullen
I know this post is old.... But check the top hose to your coolant reservoir. I pulled mine off and stuck a coat hanger into the reservoir. Turns out it was clogged and not allowing the coolant to recirculate back into it. Fixed my no heat at idle! Something so simple. SMDH!
Was your also overheating too? I'll check the hose as it's about the only thing that's not replaced.

Quick Reply: 2007 equinox heating problem