Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Equinox key fob

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2012, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Equinox key fob

07 Equinox the Key fob works when parking and locking the doors. Twenty seconds later the fob does nothing unless you manually unlock the door and then silence the alarm with the unlock button on the fob. New battery on fob and relearned fob through car's menu still the same.
Old September 11th, 2012, 2:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Fox1311
07 Equinox the Key fob works when parking and locking the doors. Twenty seconds later the fob does nothing unless you manually unlock the door and then silence the alarm with the unlock button on the fob. New battery on fob and relearned fob through car's menu still the same.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Fox1311,

Are these the original fobs or new fobs? Is this a recent issue? Did it start after changing the battery?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 12th, 2012, 6:16 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Mine was acting up and I bought one from a seller on Ebay. I got an original GM fob with programming instructions. Works great! There are many of them for sale with much better prices than the dealer.

Last edited by oldchevy; September 21st, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Fox1311,

Are these the original fobs or new fobs? Is this a recent issue? Did it start after changing the battery?

Louis
GM Customer Service
These are the original key fobs and yes it started shortly after changing the battery.
Old September 20th, 2012, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Fox1311,

I have a Camaro and had similar problems as yours.
Have you tried reprogramming your fob? That worked for me

And please do not pay Dealers or Locksmith, they will just charge you to much. Instead you can look for a video on Youtube or google it.

here is a site I just googled for you, hope it helps you out
2007 Chevrolet Equinox Keyless entry key programming instructions - ProgramKeyFob.com

Danijal
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:51 PM
CF Beginner

thank you i have tried reprogramming it
Old March 15th, 2019, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Fox1311

Hi! Where you able to find a solution to this problem?
I'm asking because I've purchased a set of new programmable fobs and they worked for a while. Not long after they, like the original fobs, quit .