Notices
Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Yet another 2010 Equinox burning oil and stalling!

Old August 21st, 2018, 6:06 AM
  #51  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Default Oil issue back from 2006

I was reading everyoneís post about oil disappearing. Well I own a 2006 with 160000 miles on it. Bought it at 110000 and Iím not leaking oil nor smell it out the exhaust so after reading this I now see its burning oil. I have known plenty of cars with more miles on them and do not use a drop of oil. I have always bought older cars because theyíre easier to fix so I thought I would surprise my wife with a newer car to fit her and now Iím regretting it. I have other cars with twice the amount of miles on them and do not use any oil and after reading all these post I can see that I will never buy one of these cars again because I like knowing that my oil is going to be in my car in between oil changes. So becides putting oil in more then any other car Iíve ever owned itís a nice car. I wanted to write this post to say that this oil disappearing goes beyond 2010.
Roy Becker is offline  
Old August 21st, 2018, 6:43 AM
  #52  
CF Pro Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 664
Default

Originally Posted by Roy Becker View Post
I was reading everyoneís post about oil disappearing. Well I own a 2006 with 160000 miles on it. Bought it at 110000 and Iím not leaking oil nor smell it out the exhaust so after reading this I now see its burning oil. I have known plenty of cars with more miles on them and do not use a drop of oil. I have always bought older cars because theyíre easier to fix so I thought I would surprise my wife with a newer car to fit her and now Iím regretting it. I have other cars with twice the amount of miles on them and do not use any oil and after reading all these post I can see that I will never buy one of these cars again because I like knowing that my oil is going to be in my car in between oil changes. So becides putting oil in more then any other car Iíve ever owned itís a nice car. I wanted to write this post to say that this oil disappearing goes beyond 2010.
Yours is an isolated incident. The older 2005-2009 models use a completely different powertrain that does not normally burn oil. The 3.4L V6 is exponentially more reliable than the 2.4L used in 2010-2017 models. If yours is burning oil, your engine has other problems (look for clogged PCV valve - must remove front valve cover).

FWIW our 2007 Equinox currently has about 188,000 miles on it and doesn't consume any oil between changes.
ruley73 is offline  
Old December 2nd, 2018, 11:43 AM
  #53  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default P228d crap gm product

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service View Post
We can certainly understand your frustrations with your Equinox, Chevy 4 Life. Although I'm unable to provide technical advice, I would like to contact your dealer to discuss your concerns further with them. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if our help is needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
hello I am also experiencing the same issues as the others on this webpage. My equinox has been burning oil and losing power but won't even start now. It's not paid off and probably out of warranty. What options might I have to get help with this? Whose house should I tow it to because I cannot even use it and it's apparently junk as with the many others on this forum .I to will be buying a Toyota. Chevy is junk this is my last email purchase.
Johnathon Baker is offline  
Old December 28th, 2018, 11:17 AM
  #54  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Hello Louis, I need any help you can give. I just purchase a 2010 Equinox, and it's burning so much oil, how can I get out of this SUV, or get it fixed asap?
Darryl Fryer is offline  
Old December 28th, 2018, 11:26 AM
  #55  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default Darn chevy

Originally Posted by Johnathon Baker View Post
hello I am also experiencing the same issues as the others on this webpage. My equinox has been burning oil and losing power but won't even start now. It's not paid off and probably out of warranty. What options might I have to get help with this? Whose house should I tow it to because I cannot even use it and it's apparently junk as with the many others on this forum .I to will be buying a Toyota. Chevy is junk this is my last email purchase.
Hey I literally just got off the phone with the dealer and gm. If they can prove the oil consumption then they will repair vehicle through gm. 18002221020 is the number I called and was able to get through they have tried to make it right with me so far we aren't out of the storm yet though. I to will be trading for something else if they don't try to set things straight. I've been without a car since Thanksgiving.
Johnathon Baker is offline  
Old December 28th, 2018, 11:36 AM
  #56  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Johnathon Baker View Post
Hey I literally just got off the phone with the dealer and gm. If they can prove the oil consumption then they will repair vehicle through gm. 18002221020 is the number I called and was able to get through they have tried to make it right with me so far we aren't out of the storm yet though. I to will be trading for something else if they don't try to set things straight. I've been without a car since Thanksgiving.
Thank you and good luck, we both need it.
Darryl Fryer is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Gabe.northwest
Equinox
26
December 29th, 2018 11:31 AM
palmer67
Equinox
0
March 29th, 2014 8:09 AM
turfpro102
Equinox
1
May 1st, 2012 8:54 AM
rutler101
New Member Welcome Area
2
February 7th, 2008 1:46 PM
Greg93
General Tech
4
April 13th, 2007 11:05 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yet another 2010 Equinox burning oil and stalling!


Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: