Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 equinox gear shifter

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2013, 12:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 equinox gear shifter

my car turns on but it wont shift into gear at all can anyone tell me why such a problem would occur?
Old December 8th, 2013, 9:04 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

This sounds like an issue with the BTSI (Brake Transaxle Shift Interlock) solenoid. I'd start by checking the brake light switch. Just make sure the brake lights come on with your foot on the brake pedal.

Also, listen for the shift lock solenoid in the steering column or center console. You should hear a click when you press the button in the shifter regardless of whether or not the brake pedal is being pushed while the ignition is in the ACC or RUN position.

If you don't hear the click and your brake lights work fine, check the RVC fuse in the underhood fuse block.
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well just want to say thank you for the response and greatly apprectiate you taking the time to help but unfortunatelly i did what you suggested but it didnt fix the problem. i actually found a cable with a white plastic piece that looks like it came loose but i cant find where it connects too. it looks as if its coming from the transmission but i cant find where it would plug into......