Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 Equinox aftermarket remote start/alarm install

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2010, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Equinox aftermarket remote start/alarm install

Im installing a remote start/alarm system in my 08 Equinox, I need to locate a couple wires to finish off the installation here is a list including the description of what the wire does from the manual for the remote start system:

Neutral/park safty wire: connect this wire to the neutral/park switch in the vehicle.
( Im sure Ill find this one aroud the gearshift if I look long enough)

Tach wire/ high voltage sensor wire: connect this wire to the tach signal wire for you engine. High volt sensor mode: you must wrap this wire five times around the high viltage wire from the engin distributor.
(so can I wrap it around the #1spark plug wire??)

Oil sensor wire: Connect this wire to the oil sensor wire under the dash or to the alternator. this wire should show 2-3v with the key in the 2nd accessory position and 12 to 14v when the starter motor is running.
(sounds like this wire is to sense if the oil pressure is correct and possibly shut the system off if it is not correct wonder if it means "engine running" instead of "starter motor"?)

Ignition Input of Key Cylinder to alarm: connect this wire to the ignition wire that provides +12v when the ignition is on and while cranking the starter.
( I probed all the wires at the key switch but none of them seem to meet the requirements it calls for)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old March 4th, 2010, 9:06 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

what brand of module are you installing? sounds like a REALLY old unit
apply the neutral safety wire directly to ground. The vehicle won't crank as long you interfaced the passkey3+ properly
Tach is a brown\white wire at the PCM in the connector closest to the engine
ignition is a pink wire at the key cylinder
The oil pressure sensor wire goes to ground when it faults
its tan\blk at the sensor either above the oil filter, or above the a\c compressor depending on which motor you have