Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Abs and traction control light still on..

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2013, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Abs and traction control light still on..

I have an 08 equinox. The abs and traction control lights came on a while back,it also makes a whining sound from the front drivers side when going down the road, I've replaced the wheel bearing and wheel speed sensor on the driver side and just the sensor on the passenger side, and rotated the tires, its just a front wheel drive, no sensors in back( that I could see), i reset the computer by taking the battery cables off for a half hour and no change, still have the lights on and whining sound front the front driver side, anyone have any other suggestions for trouble shooting or fixing?
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

You need to do a few things. One is, you need to find what that whining noise is. It may/may not be related to the sensor. Secondly, the wheel sensor needs to be tested. Check the wiring and connections. Thirdly, check the sensors on ALL the wheels, as it may not be the one that seemed obvious, as a problem with a sensor in any corner of the vehicle, can cuase the same issue. Clearing the code is just a sign that it's a non-intermitant issue, and it's setting a "hard code" that should likely be recovered, for making diagnosis easier.
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:37 PM
CF Beginner

Check the abs fuse. Also go to auto zone and have them check it with the computer.
Old April 14th, 2013, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Joephis22
I have an 08 equinox. The abs and traction control lights came on a while back,it also makes a whining sound from the front drivers side when going down the road, I've replaced the wheel bearing and wheel speed sensor on the driver side and just the sensor on the passenger side, and rotated the tires, its just a front wheel drive, no sensors in back( that I could see), i reset the computer by taking the battery cables off for a half hour and no change, still have the lights on and whining sound front the front driver side, anyone have any other suggestions for trouble shooting or fixing?
I have an 06 model. Wire was broken on right side causing the ABS & TC lite to be on. The whining problem on the right side of mine was an alternator bearing going out it would change with engine speed whining up and down with speed of engine, check that with a long screw driver or stick up to your ear to locate the noise touch different parts of the engine to locate.