Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

No FM or AM radio

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2021, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No FM or AM radio

All of a sudden I have no radio reception. It just scams through every station and is nothing but static. My bluetooth and xm work just fine. Help, it's making me crazy
Old January 11th, 2021, 12:22 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Jen Guisewite
All of a sudden I have no radio reception. It just scams through every station and is nothing but static. My bluetooth and xm work just fine. Help, it's making me crazy
What year is your Equinox? Does it still have the factory radio installed? It's possible that the antenna somehow became disconnected from the back of the radio.
Old January 11th, 2021, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
What year is your Equinox? Does it still have the factory radio installed? It's possible that the antenna somehow became disconnected from the back of the radio.
It is a 2016. It is the factory radio. Is there a way to check that without tearing the whole dash apart?
Old January 11th, 2021, 7:06 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Jen Guisewite
It is a 2016. It is the factory radio. Is there a way to check that without tearing the whole dash apart?
No, you'll need to remove the radio to check. Before you do that, look on the roof and make sure your antenna mast isn't damaged or missing. That seems much more likely than the antenna being disconnected from the back of the radio, especially if you use drive-thru car washes. The mast is more important for AM/FM reception. The satellite radio may still function without it, but your regular radio reception will be extremely poor.
Old April 6th, 2021, 7:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default No FM or AM radio

I have a 2016 Equinox as well...the radio worked fine at first but the last few months my AM stopped working and now my FM stations only work if i am close to the radio stations...i checked my radio antenna and its fine...can i just replace the tuner box with out replacing the Navigation as well...and would i need a special code if i just replace the radio ? and does it matter if i have the pioneer radio package? I am at a loss?