Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

remote anti theft relay question

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2023, 9:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default remote anti theft relay question

has anyone found a remote type relay that can be put in the fuel pump or ign spot and then use your phone or a fob to deactivate the relay to turn off the fuel pump or the ing to help prevent your car from being stolen? yes i know it is not 100% as someone can back up with a tow truck and take it in a few seconds. but for the kia type gangs that want to take you car for a ride or to use in another crime it may be good to be able to disable it.

and ye i know i can install a switch and hide it but if i can find a relay that would be much easier. and my girl has a Hyundai that is in that kia gang list of easy cars to steal and she in 4 states away so it is not easy for me to help her, but if they have a relay that she could just plug in that would be good.

i found one that is a battery disconnect but then that resets the i/m readiness all the time and she has to have to working for plates. so maybe some here have an idea or may have them now. i see them on ebay and activated with the phone but they are gps and i do not know it that actually disables the fuel pump or ign.

thanks for any ideas
Old February 18th, 2023, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

how old is the car? Cars with distributor's...you can get a switch that will disable the ignition coil...the kit is sold for all classic cars. New cars with dis ignition and no factory immobilizer. buy a security system from any remote start manufacturer...bulldog security is one such supplier but there are others. Bulldog Security Products (bulldogsecure.com)
Old February 18th, 2023, 11:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks this is for new cars, for one my girl has a hyundia in the range of the kia boys rampage and i have a 2016 chrysler with push button start and these seem to have full time fob to car transmitting. i know i can install a switch but i was hoping to find a relay that i could plug in and have a fob just to turn the fuel pump or the starter off when i leave the car and the same for my girl with the hyundia. they have no clue on how to instal a switch so they could put a relay in that is easy. i do not want to get one of those battery disconnects because they test for plates in az. where she is at and then the i-m readiness will fail if they use the battery disconnect

i did find a site that has them but they want a 100$ for them and i was hoping someone here may ve installed one and have a cheaper place to get them. it does not have to have a mile range just 50' would be good

i will check the bulldog site and see what they have thanks