Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Roaring noise in cabin

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2013, 10:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I get the frustration part. All I can advise is to keep at it with dealer or see if they can help you get into a different vehicle without taking too much of a loss.
Old November 11th, 2013, 3:59 PM
CF Beginner

Well it looks like after nearly one year of suffering the noise I am going to try the insulating route buy having a radio shop insulate totally the indide of my 2013 Equinox LTZ and hope maybe than we will be able to stand taking a trip in it. This vehicle is like a money pit. The chev deal just ran the eva vibration test said there was no unusal vib's but this was the first time they had used the tester in years so they had to clean the dust off of it. So do I trust it ( them ) no. but they were in a big hurry to sell me an upgrade vehicle the caddy SUV . only $22000. and my Equinox .,I think I'll go insulate hole car $800..Thanks for the help Chev.
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:12 AM
CF Beginner

Well perhaps I wasted some money , had a radio shop in springfield, mo Install sound deadener in my equinox and it did do some good it lowered the nose level in the cabin by about 5 db .I still get the terrible wind like noise from the back somewhere and I think it maybe coming from the big speaker in the right rear. maybe some of my noise problem could be that the noise cancellation system is not working right and actually putting a wind like noise in to the cabin instead of a negative engine noise like it should. If Chevrolet would do like a good company would do they have he people and testers that could check all this out Instead it seems I as a buyer must do all the testing and then tell the dealer how to fix the problem. Is this the new American ?way.
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Its unfortunate that you have had to do so much yourself to resolve the issue to only some extent...
I will add the caveat, what is loud to you could be heard different to someone else...
You taking the time to do the write up in this forum (thank you, by the way) is getting the word back to GM, they do monitor these forums, and you may very well be helping someone else be better educated on the problem, after all that is why you searched and found this forum and took the time to speak your piece...
Old November 16th, 2013, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

I think I may have found the problem ,My left rear spring looks like the rubber seat at the top was installed off center or some thing and may be the spring is touching the metal spring seat .I'd like to put in a picture but don't see how to do it.
Old November 16th, 2013, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Its unfortunate that you have had to do so much yourself to resolve the issue to only some extent...
I will add the caveat, what is loud to you could be heard different to someone else...
You taking the time to do the write up in this forum (thank you, by the way) is getting the word back to GM, they do monitor these forums, and you may very well be helping someone else be better educated on the problem, after all that is why you searched and found this forum and took the time to speak your piece...
I agree that other people may hear sounds different but I am using a decibel meter and it runs from 83-106 inside the cabin now that is loud in most anyone ears.
Old November 17th, 2013, 5:17 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Too add a picture, after clicking the "New Reply" scroll down a bit to "manage attachments" this is where you add pictures
Old November 18th, 2013, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

I took it to the dealer this morning they are odering a new rubber seat to fix it ,hopefully this will get rid of all the noise in the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails Roaring noise in cabin-equinox-springs-004-small-.jpg  
Old November 20th, 2013, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

The dealer got in a new spring seat and installed it this morning ,took it for adrive sounds much better ,might even be able to take a trip in it now,spring had been installed so that it was setting on the seat and touching the metal of the spring seat ,to me the old rubber seat looked like one side had been cut down so it would let the spring rest on theside and the metal spring seat ,any way I just would like chev.com to know thanks for nothing you were no help att all.Might be good if you just close your office and that of the district Rep.